March 19, 2019
According to nearly every online security expert on the planet, the best way to protect your digital privacy online is to utilize a password manager. So, as a Mac user, which one are you going to use? Let's find out!
Between the countless security breaches in the news and the prevailing concern about protecting your personal information online, having a weak password at this point is as embarrassing as it is unwise. Password managers not only prevent this all-too-common practice, but keep all your valuable credentials in a secure location, preventing you from enduring a stolen identity or other digital crises.
As a fan of Apple products, you're likely to be aware of the tech company's own password manager software, iCloud Keychain. However, due to this service's limited functionality across other platforms and devices – as well as a few other notable flaws – picking up an outside password manager could make all the difference when it comes to protecting your privacy online.
Fortunately, we've thoroughly researched some of the top password managers on the market to give you a better idea of what's out there. Take a look at some of your best options below.
- Easy to use login process
- Stylish, intuitive user interface
- Great customer support
- No password changing feature
- No smartphone camera integration
See Deals on 1Password for 2019
- Automatic password generator
- Security assessment of passwords
- Includes Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- Free version has no cloud backup
- Very expensive
See Deals on Dashlane for 2019
- Same password on multiple site detection
- Great price
- Available on all major browsers and on multiple sites
- Very few features
- Occasional connection issues cause lost passwords
See Deals on LastPass for 2019
- Most affordable option on the list
- Easy-to-use auto login functionality
- Supported on 16 different browsers
- Outdated and sluggish desktop app
- Limited features
See Deals on Sticky Password for 2019
Some of the links on our page will take you directly to a provider or retail website, where you may find deals and discounts. If you make a purchase at this stage, we may receive a payment. This has no additional cost to you, and never affects the editorial independence of our reviews.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!
Sorry about that. Try these articles instead!