For many avid readers, Amazon's lineup of Kindles are essential pieces of hardware, allowing them to carry thousands of books while on the move.
If you've been holding off getting a Kindle and waiting for a sale, then now's the time to bite, with the standard Kindle, and waterproof Paperwhite Kindle both being offered at a substantial discount this Black Friday. If you want to impress your fellow readers with the ultimate Kindle, the rather premium Oasis model, then bad luck, as it's not currently included in the Black Friday deals, and retains its hefty $250 asking price.
Amazon has a range of Kindles aimed at different types of readers. We guide you through the right models to buy, and the prices you can expect to pay.
$84.99 – 35% saving
- Backlight for night time reading
- Anti-glare screen
- Touchscreen page turning rather than button may not suit everyone
$59.99 – 33% saving
- Very affordable
- Lightweight and slim
- Less detailed screen resolution
- Little storage
- Physical buttons for page turning
- Very bright backlight
- Very expensive
- Design with one-sided bezel may not appeal
- Over 1 million books
- Includes magazines
- First month free
- Your local book store might miss you
- 25% discount on new Kindle
- Amazon credit for old Kindle
- Offer Ends 27th December 2019
Tech.co is reader-supported. If you make a purchase through the links on our site, we may earn a commission from the retailers of the products we have reviewed. This helps Tech.co to provide free advice and reviews for our readers. It has no additional cost to you, and never affects the editorial independence of our reviews. Click to return to top of page