July 17, 2015
Where can you see production machinery that can withstand temperatures of up to 350 degrees fahrenheit or test sites where 1,500 jet engines are made every year? GE is launching #DRONEWEEK — a live entertainment and educational series shot on drones that will air only on Periscope — which will take fans to remote locations. The program runs from Monday July 20th – Friday July 24th.
According to a media brief, “during this five day program drones will fly over and into five of GE's most remote test and build facilities to give audiences never-before-seen views of the locations where today's most badass jet engines, locomotives, wind turbines and industrial machinery are made and tested to extremes. ”
Here's what you should know about the 5-day live series and tour:
- Each day will explore a different area: Oil & Gas, Aviation, Renewable Energy, Transportation and Power and Water.
- The tour goes to Texas twice: The tour kicks off in Houston and also goes to Fort Worth on Thursday.
- An Inside Look at GE: For viewers, one of the most exciting part of the tour will be getting an inside look at GE's various facilities such as the company's power and water testing facility to wind farms and a locomotive manufacturing plant.
The live series will run on GE's Periscope channel @GeneralElectric. According to the media brief, fans can ask questions to experts and scientists who will provide live #DRONEWEEK commentary, answers and interviews on @GEDronePilot. However, the company is also trying to get young people involved.
“Also joining #DRONEWEEK to provide behind-the-scenes color commentary will be 10 of GE's youngest minds, interns from universities and colleges across the country,” reads the brief.
- Day 1: Houston, TX — Oil and Gas Industry
- Day 2: Peebles, OH — Aviation Industry
- Day 3: Tehachapi, CA — Renewable Energy
- Day 4: Fort Worth, TX — Transportation Industry
- Day 5: Greenville, SC — Power and Water
To learn more about the live series, view the video below:
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!
Sorry about that. Try these articles instead!