June 14, 2016
While aspiring to launch a successful startup may seem like the most important thing in the world to you, no one can get anything done without good health and guaranteed safety. Maslow's Hierarchy of needs even puts personal security on the bottom of the pyramid, implying that you can't professionally, personally or romantically progress your life without feeling a sense of safety. Fortunately, there are a number of startups out there that are looking to keep you safe and healthy for years to come.
Whether it be a personal safety wearable or an application that tracks how often you text and drive, these startups are aiming to make the world a safer and healthier place. And with June being National Safety Month, there is no better time to showcase these startups for a world that so direly needs to be safer and healthier.
If you are wondering which startups made this list, feel free to check them out on their websites below.
- Revolar – a company that produces discreet, wearable technology that can alert loved ones to your location in the touch of a button.
- Leeo – a company creating a wide range of home safety products, like smoke and CO alarms, with a modern focus.
- Bark Technologies – a company that utilizes data science, machine learning and pattern matching to help parents keep track of their children’s online activity.
- SafeDrive – a startup that provides users with points and rewards for not using their phones while driving or traveling more than 5 mph.
- FABRIQ – a company providing advanced personal safety technology that is embedded in apps, wearables and devices.
- BioInspira – a company that aims to provide smartphone users with a customized health profile to improve lifestyle management and patient health care.
- Proxxi – a startup building smart sensors that allows us to see electricity with software. They have built the first digital electric field sensor that can interpret voltage and distance.
- BuddyWatch – a company producing technology that detects and responds to emergencies without the need for user action using only the technology already found on your phone.
- ROBOCOPP – a startup that develops effective non-violent, wearable security solutions based on research data.
- Safesite – a risk management platform which is proven to reduce workplace related injuries and deaths by up to 19% using mobile data capture, data analytics, machine learning and 3rd party integrations.
Check Out These Startups On Their Websites
Photo: Johnathon Warner
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!
Sorry about that. Try these articles instead!