March 28, 2016
The cybersecurity industry is predicted to double by 2020 and the DC metro area is the center of cybersecurity innovation in the US. Therefore it should be no surprise that the premiere accelerator for information security startups and entrepreneurs calls this area home. The accelerator is Mach37 and they've just announced their most recent cohort.
“After an extensive review process, we are now excited to announce the six teams that have been selected into the MACH37 Spring 2016 Cohort. The quality of the participants in this class is a clear reflection of the success of our program and our aggressive outreach.” said Rick Gordon, Managing Partner of MACH37, in a statement “Over the last two years, we have not only reaped the benefits of being located in one of the hottest cybersecurity hotbeds in the world, but we have also attracted globally recognized talent to Virginia.”
MACH37 brings together domain experts, successful cybersecurity entrepreneurs and investors familiar to the security market to set up innovators in this field for success. The selected startups will receive a $50,000 investment as well as mentorship in all aspects of creating a sustainable and successful business.
Here is a little bit about the six companies that have been selected for Spring 2016.
- Gyomo – Creating a hostile environment for social engineering and phishing using crowd sourcing and machine learning.
- Hill Top Security – Provides a risk management platform that enables public and private organizations to detect, quantify and manage operational, security and environmental risk.
- NormShield – provides comprehensive Security-as-a-Service solutions focused on cyber threat intelligence, vulnerability management and continuous perimeter monitoring.
- PCPursuit – Their product addresses the problem of tailgating, one of the leading causes of information security audit failures. We help to stop this behavior by removing incentives for non-compliance
- Provenance – Automates the collection and use of enhanced threat intelligence, to deter the people behind the threats.
- Unblinkr – They are securing cars of the future by developing anti-hack software for V2X communications.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!
Sorry about that. Try these articles instead!