Today, FoundOPS took home first place at the Powder Keg Startup Bowl competition, winning $15,000 in prizes.
FoundOPS, which provides technology for field service businesses, was chosen from among 12 Midwest companies that pitched yesterday at the Lucas Oil Stadium. They also walk away with a spot in Microsoft’s BizSpark Plus program.
The Powder Keg conference is a two-day event in Indianapolis that brings speakers and entrepreneurs together to talk startups and get inspired. Speakers range from professional illusionist David Blaine and author Julien Smith to our very own CEO Frank Gruber.
Here are the other startups that competed:
- Adproval: A service for bloggers to sell their ad space and other sponsorships directly to advertising partners.
- Bonfyre: An app to chat and share photos around particular events.
- CoatChex: A whole system for coat checks, including software and the physical stands and table.
- Diagnotes: An app to help on-call doctors share critical notes.
- Lesson.ly: An education site where you can buy lessons or courses.
- Lisnr: An app that prompts listeners with different actions while they’re listening to music, helping artists and music labels.
- Modulus: Tools to help developers with their databases, hosting, and storage.
- PetBookings: A marketplace to book pet care.
- Squarejive: An app that recommends things to do nearby.
- TeamMash: A free daily email for sports fanatics that aggregates the best sports content from around the web.
- Visit Apps: Software that can help any tourism agency create an app for their destination.