July 6, 2014
Did you miss out on one (or five) of Tech Cocktail’s posts from this week? It’s okay. We want to let you know that we forgive you; we totally get it. You’re a busy person, with a lot of things on your mind and equally as many things to do. You had people to meet, places to be, and tacos to eat. No worries, though, because we’ve curated this week’s top 10(ish) posts as determined by the Tech Cocktail editorial team. Need more Tech Cocktail? Sign up for the Tech Cocktail newsletter today, and get the weekly wrap-up direct to your inbox.
Here are this week’s Tech Cocktail Top Stories:
- 39 Startup Founders Share Their Favorite Quotes from America’s Founding Fathers: We reached out to startup founders and asked them to share their favorite quotes from America’s Founding Fathers and how those quotes motivate them on their startup journeys.
- 4 Reasons Why Dating Apps Have Stopped Men from Approaching Women: F*cking Tinder, #amirite? Dating apps will unfortunately become a norm, according to Pew, which brings with it the changing nature of real-life social interactions.
- Why You Must Kill Your Elevator Pitch: Contributor George Meszaros lays out a strong argument for killing the elevator pitch. Instead, he advocates actually getting into conversations with people and talking about your idea.
- K-Goal: Virtual Trainer for Women to Improve Sexual Health: A surprising 30 percent of women are doing Kegel exercises incorrectly. The K-Goal is a FitBit for your vagina, aimed at helping you work your pelvic floor.
- The People and Passion Are What Make UP Global’s Startup Weekend Great: Joey Pomerenke – one of the original founders of Startup Weekend – talks about the story of Startup Weekend and his transition into a new role with UP Global.
- Steve Case: “A Decade from Now, All Venture Firms Will Have Regional Strategies”: Watch Steve Case’s recent interview with Bloomberg wherein he talks about the “Rise the Rest” road trip.
- Obama Visited DC’s 1776 Today [PHOTOS]: President Obama visited DC’s 1776, met some of the startups growing in the space, and talked about jobs and growing the economy.
- What Google’s Acquisition of Skybox Imaging Means for Startups: A really fantastic read on what startups can learn from Google’s acquisition of Skybox Imaging.
- The 7 Biggest Startup Myths, Busted: From things like the primary cause of startup failure to whether startup accelerators are actually helping create startups.
- Loyalty Rewards Company Bely Announces International Expansion into Canada: The company announced this week that it has expanded internationally and growing their engineering and sales teams.
- HomeTrackR: Like CarFax for Homes: HomeTrackR gives homebuyers info about a house’s history, equipping them with more knowledge before making a purchase.
- Test Your Startup Idea in the #GetStarted2014 Challenge: Have a startup idea, but don’t know where to go from there? Then, give the #GetStarted2014Challenge a try.
Like what you’re reading? Have some great knowledge and think you have what it takes to write some great content for others in the startup or tech space? Then, consider writing for us!
It’s finally here! Our book is available now ! Order your copy of Startup Mixology: Tech Cocktail’s Guide to Building, Growing, and Celebrating Startup Success on Amazon! If you’re in the DC area, join us on July 8th to celebrate the launch of Startup Mixology.
Interested in coming to a Tech Cocktail event? Check out our Tech Cocktail calendar here. Hope to see you whenever!
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!