Founded in 1864, Boise, aka The City of Trees, ranks as the 101st largest city in the US (according to the 2011 census) and was voted the #1 city for men in 2013 by Men's Health. These are all facts I pulled from Wikipedia. A fact that doesn't require Wikipedia's aid: Boise has an up-and-coming, vibrant startup scene. This is information gleaned from Tech Cocktail's most recent Boise Startup Showcases. That's why Tech Cocktail is beyond excited to bring the Mixer parade back to Southwestern Idaho on April 17th.
Immediately following the develop.idaho conference, Tech Cocktail invites you to check out some local startups, hang out with your fellow technophile, and of course enjoy a few cocktails at the Stueckle Sky Center at BSU.
We'll have a dozen up-and-coming startups on hand showcasing their goods, but before the Mixer kicks off, we want to know what you think – who is Boise's Hottest Showcasing Startup?
Let us know your thoughts by answering the poll at the end of this post (ends at 6:00pm local time on the day of the event). The winner will be announced live at the event and will receive a couple of minutes on stage to pitch their startup in front of all attendees. Don't miss out.
- i-KPI Software – FactoryKPIs enable manufacturing decision-makers to monitor their key processes throughout their enterprise, from wherever they may roam. FactoryKPIs run on all Apple iOS touch devices: iPad, iPad mini, iPhone, and iPod touch.
- LaborFeed – LaborFeed.com is a newly launched national employment website with a twist. Using an intuitive fully responsive interface, LaborFeed aligns people looking for contract or day work with individuals or business owners who need work done. The service is free to use, includes a rating system and offers the option to receive real-time job alert emails.
- Mobi2Market – Mobi2Market is communication platform that allows Small Business to communicate with their customers the way the consumer chooses. Businesses can use it for promotions, drawing, coupon or events. Once the customer is in the system, promotions start to flow to that consumer. As the consumer uses the system, the system learns from the interaction.
- NetCamps – NetCamps provide online registration, secure payment processing, and websites for sports camps. We basically take a time and paperwork extensive process and automate it online.
- One4All – One4All is like the Gates Foundation for the rest of us. You create a charitable fund, you commit and fund it, you make grants to the causes you care about, and you make a difference in the world. (Of course, One4all is digital, mobile, social and fun).
- Pencil Me Down – Pencil Me Down is an online scheduling service that is designed with the small business / contractor in mind.
- Silverback Learning Solutions – Silverback’s cloud-based, results-driven, K-12 instructional improvement system, Mileposts, increases student achievement by enabling educators to collaboratively plan and deliver personalized instruction based on student data collected at the state, district and classroom level and from all types of student information, assessment and curriculum systems.
- Smart PJs – Smart PJs makes and sells children's pajamas that have multiple special dot group patterns that we have developed printed on them. There are approximately 47 different dot groups printed on each pair of pajamas. When the user downloads our free apps from their app store on their smart device, they can scan one of the dot groups on the pajamas with their smart device and a bedtime story is played for the child.
- Social Good Network – Social Good Network is disrupting cause fundraising. We’re replacing static, destination-based donation options with a distributed social model that reaches more supporters and raises more money (6X in initial tests). Our platform delivers an easy and compelling user experience that tells a nonprofit’s unique story on their website, on our community site, on social media, and on partner and brand sites.
- Speak Your Silence – Speek Your Silence has created created Outspoken, a peer-to-peer fundraising platform for supporters of the cause, as well as those who have been personally affected, to own the cause in their own unique ways.
- Sunlution – Sunlution has filed a utility patent for a low cost novel grounding spring that is used to ground solar panels together with as well as secure the solar cables through.
- Tips for Vino – Tipsforvino is a wine training application for restaurants.