September 7, 2016
Constance Freedman is the founder and managing partner of Moderne Ventures, an early-stage venture fund and accelerator investing in technology companies in real estate, mortgage, finance, insurance, and home services – all multi-trillion dollar industries that make up well over 20 percent of the US GDP and are ripe for innovation. Prior to launching Moderne Ventures, Constance was the head of strategic investments at the National Association of Realtors where she launched and managed its investment arm, Second Century Ventures (SCV), and founded its accelerator program, Reach.
In 2014, Constance was recognized by Crain’s Business in its prestigious “40 under 40” awards and was also named on Crain’s Chicago “Top Tech 50”. In both 2014 and 2015, Constance was recognized on Swanepoel’s “Power 200 Most Powerful Individuals in Residential Real Estate” and in 2015 named in Inman’s “Top 101 in Real Estate”. In an episode of Tech in Chicago, Freedman joined us to talk about the reasons why some startups should join an accelerator.
In this episode of Tech in Chicago, you will learn:
- The most exciting tech developments for Moderne Ventures;
- Why venture capital firms start accelerators;
- How important an accelerator is for the deal flow;
- What the decision making process looks like for the accelerator and investments;
- Where they find the best companies for their accelerator;
- How to break into venture capital; and
- How to find the right limited partners (LPs).
Selected links from this episode:
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!