May 11, 2015
After a whirlwind tour across the U.S. which included stops at seven TechShop locations and pitches by 40 companies, the AlphaLab Gear National Hardware Cup and a $50,000 investment from StartBot was awarded last week at AlphaLab Gear in Pittsburgh, PA.
The tour saw pitches from companies bringing physical products to market, from healthcare devices to home improvement tools. Here are the 7 regional winners who competed for the $50K:
- Vayu-A long-range, vertical takeoff and landing aircraft, capable of delivering high-priority payloads faster, further and more economically than anything on the market.
- HeadsUp!-A smartphone integrated heads-up display for your windshield.
- Curb-The first whole home energy system which makes your home smarter, safer and more energy efficient.
- Force Impact Technologies-A head-injury awareness mouthguard which increases early detection and overall safety of athletes.
- FlameStower-A series of devices to charge electronics through candles and campfires.
- Sereneti-A hands-free robot that cooks for you.
- Alpha Stroke-Mobile early stroke detection for ambulances and first responders.
After much deliberation from the judges, the winner of the first annual AlphaLab Gear National Hardware Cup is…
After a live demo showing how a user can see how much energy is being spent on specific appliances in their home from the mobile device and turn off the ones using too much, the judges were left impressed. Check out Curb for yourself and visit alphalabgear.org often to hear first when the next tour for the cup is headed your way.
Image Source: AlphaLab Gear
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!
Sorry about that. Try these articles instead!