January 10, 2019
Sonos is one of the biggest names in the world of home audio, offering everything from smart speakers to sound bars and professional amps.
However, when it comes to buying a Sonos speaker for your home, it can be difficult to work out which one is the best fit for you.
That’s why we’re here: To show you where each Sonos speaker excels, find out which ones have the best features and help find the best Sonos speaker for you.
Which Sonos Speaker is Best?
Sonos currently offers three speakers and, if we’re being honest, you’re unlikely to be disappointed in the audio quality from any of them. Even the cheapest Play:1 model sounds great.
All of the models are able to stream content from your phone, tablet or computer with the excellent Sonos app. This includes music from Spotify, internet radio, podcasts, audiobooks and more.
- Sonos Play:1 – The cheapest Sonos model will fill a small-ish room with crisp sound, but works best in a pair or multiroom set-up.
- Sonos One – Similar to the Play:1, but adds voice control and Amazon Alexa support. Think of it as a better-sounding Amazon Echo that doubles as a multiroom speaker.
- Sonos Play:5 – Sonos’ most expensive speaker. Its excellent stereo sound will fill any room, and you can also use it with peripheral audio devices.
And if you’re still not sure which Sonos is right for you, we’ve rounded up which models have the features that you want.
- Relatively inexpensive
- Good sound
- Lacks stereo sound
- Doesn’t show its best qualities in isolation
- Good sound
- Impressive smart home hub capabilities
- Voice control convenience
- Better sounding than Amazon alternatives
- More expensive than Amazon Echo hubs
- Sounds better when paired
- Incredible sound quality
- Extra versatility from line-in connection
- Room filling sound and rich bass
- Lacks voice control
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!