Tech Cocktail has traveled the country, from Dallas to DC, Boise to Boston, uncovering the hottest startups in more than 20 cities. Now, the word is out: winning startups from each city will go onto the next round and get the chance to qualify for Tech Cocktail Celebrate, our new national startup competition held in Downtown Vegas on October 23 – 25.
Beantown, here's your chance to show us what ya got! Join us at MassChallenge for an evening of Boston's hottest early-stage startups and cocktails with your neighbors and technophile friends.
We'll have a gaggle of startups on hand showcasing their goods, but before the event kicks off, we want to know what you think: Who is Boston's Hottest Showcasing Startup? Let us know your thoughts by answering the poll at the end of this post (ends at 6:00pm local time on the day of the event – get the official rules here).
The winner will be announced live at the event and will receive the following: Invitation to Tech Cocktail Celebrate, additional time on stage to share what's new with their startup, invitation to an upcoming Tech Cocktail Week, as well as the honor of being recognized as Boston's Hottest Showcasing Startup. Don't miss out.
(Startups apply here)
- 3-Spark – We have created a 3D printing technology where sensors and wires are able to be fabricated INTO the part as it is being built. i.e. The 3D printer hardware (our product to sell) is able to build pieces which can sense the world around them and interface with a computer, smartphone, or each other.
- Angel Ed – Angel Ed. connects students with new and existing scholarships through crowd-funding, while enabling companies to cultivate a diminished risk/cost pipeline.
- AskMore – Askmo.re is a system where users can ask questions to a website, then vote on the best questions to be answered by a speaker.
- Bon Hiver – Bon Hiver designs and markets an unprecedented, patented snowboard binding design, fusing the performance features of traditional strap-in bindings with a revolutionary design utilizing neodymium magnets that creates a new standard of performance and innovation.
- Jebbit – Jebbit is a new way for you to interact with brands you care about Instead of bombarding you with ads, brands use Jebbit to reward you in cash and deals for engaging with them.
- Maxwell Health – Maxwell Health redefines health care for businesses with a SaaS platform and service experience that dramatically simplifies benefits, reduces insurance costs, and improves employee health.
- MouseHouse – MouseHouse is an iPad + web application that allows researchers in the life-sciences to save time and money in managing lab mice. Its unique proprietary optimization software reduces colony size by 15% and it's the first tablet drag/drop based application that tracks experimental data, health and complex breeding schemes. Scientists from laboratories across the US are already paid subscribers.
- PaddockScene – PaddockScene aims to get rid of the hassle of finding automotive events near you. PaddockScene aggregates events from all over the US and abroad and lets users know when and where they are happening
- Pixtr – Pixtr is a software platform that allows people to look their best in photographs. Unlike other technologies, Pixtr works automatically and improves lighting and coloring as well as other aspects of faces like symmetry and face structure.
- SoundBetter – SoundBetter is the 99designs for music production.
- Startup Institute – Startup Institute is a career accelerator that teaches dynamic individuals the skills they need to be successful as a startup employee and teammate by providing practitioner-led, outcome-based learning opportunities and organic introductions to the startup community to grow their network.
- Timbre – Timbre is a location-based live music discovery app that enables users to find live shows in their area (and any area searched).
- Verbal Applications – Living with communication disabilities can be disorienting, frustrating, and even frightening at times. At Verbal, we aim to be the voice for the voiceless. Using our cloud platform which consists of a Patient's iPad App and an online Care Portal, nonverbal patients and their caregivers will always be able to communicate with each other.