According to Gartner, through 2017 about 75 percent of mobile security breaches will occur through apps rather than deep technical attacks on the OS itself. That's not anything new at this point, but it is a bit shocking to think about and it's something that enterprises need to start getting ahead of.
We've seen that enterprise users routinely expose their employers’ data and network security by unknowingly installing malicious apps, otherwise known as riskware, onto their own devices. Not to mention whenever you give permissions to a free mobile app your data isn’t private anymore.
Marble Security has stood firmly in the face of these threats and done everything in their power to eliminate them. To that end they recently announced that their AppHawk platform will officially integrate with AirWatch by VMware, an enterprise mobility management (EMM) solution. The AppHawk for AirWatch solution is immediately available for all iOS and Android devices and offers complete enterprise functionality, an automated workflow, and adjustable privacy settings.
“We look forward to diving into this AirWatch partnership,” says Steve Ryan, SVP of business development at Marble Security. “We believe AppHawk is the best app intelligence and defense service in the market with powerful workflow that supports automated enforcement of policies. Additionally, we have fully automated our implementation process for AirWatch customers, allowing the AppHawk optimization to go live in 30 minutes or less. The two solutions go hand in hand.”
The two platforms will work together to evaluate the risk of millions of apps, providing enterprises with intelligence and control to remediate potentially dangerous apps. With a database of over 3.5 million analyzed apps and 600,000 publishers AppHawk is, as Ryan says, a complete app security solution.
At a glance, the Marble Security and AirWatch-integrated solution will:
- Enable enterprises to extend beyond simple mobile app reputation services and employ app intelligence and defense throughout the mobile enterprise
- Provide the visibility and controls that enterprises, companies and government agencies need when they allow mobile devices and apps onto their networks
- Deliver automated detection of previously undetectable threats, classification and workflow prevention to AirWatch customers
- Let enterprises see a map that shows where in the world apps send private and corporate data
- Allow enterprises to scan private apps prior to deployment to mobile devices
Additionally the AppHawk policy enforcement, executed via AirWatch, ranged from simple alerts to full device quarantines and retirements. Marble Security wants to show their users the level of commitment they have for this issue though, which is why the AppHawk cloud services will remain operational 24/7 to identify suspicious apps. Marble Security is also offering free evaluations for all AirWatch clients who want one.