November 16, 2018
Shopify and BigCommerce are two of the biggest ecommerce companies in the world. They’re both devoted to helping people like you sell stuff easily and successfully, both on- and offline.
While they claim to do the same thing, we found in our testing that Shopify is a better all-round ecommerce platform than BigCommerce. While BigCommerce certainly isn’t bad, it can’t match Shopify’s excellent website design features or its help and support options.
Want to get into the detail of why Shopify is better than BigCommerce? We’ll explain everything in the rest of this guide, including:
- Loads of easy-to-use features on offer
- Great design options and website templates
- Extensive app store
- High-end packages can be more expensive than BigCommerce
- Charges transaction fees unless you use its Shopify Payments integrated payment processor
Build Your Dream Ecommerce Site With Shopify
- Functions as an excellent multi-channel sales platform
- Lots of built-in functionality, as well as an extensive app store
- No transaction fees
- Limited website customization
- Places a cap on the total value of sales you can make
- Help and support needs improvement
Get Your Business Online With BigCommerce
Some of the links on our page will take you directly to a provider or retail website, where you may find deals and discounts. If you make a purchase at this stage, we may receive a payment. This has no additional cost to you, and never affects the editorial independence of our reviews.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!
Sorry about that. Try these articles instead!