Shopify vs BigCommerce – a clash between two of the biggest ecommerce companies in the world. They’re both devoted to helping people like you sell stuff easily and successfully, both online and offline.
While they claim to do the same thing, we found in our testing that Shopify is a better all-round ecommerce platform than BigCommerce. While BigCommerce is also a fantastic option, it can't quite match Shopify's excellent website design features or its help and support options.
Want to get into the detail of why Shopify is better than BigCommerce? We’ll explain everything in the rest of this guide, including:
Click to expand
- Unmatched sales and reporting features
- Simple to set up, use and edit your store
- Excellent and varied support options
- Fantastic design options
- Can become more expensive than rivals
- Charges transaction fees unless you use Shopify Payments
- Integrates loads of sales channels
- No transaction fees
- Lots of built-in features
- Limited choice of website themes
- Restrictive storefront editor
- Places a cap on the value of sales you can make
Shopify Is Our Favorite Ecommerce Platform
BigCommerce is a good option, but its customer support and design options can’t match those of its competitor.
Tech.co is reader-supported. If you make a purchase through the links on our site, we may earn a commission from the retailers of the products we have reviewed. This helps Tech.co to provide free advice and reviews for our readers. It has no additional cost to you, and never affects the editorial independence of our reviews. Click to return to top of page