June 20, 2018
Finding the best office phone system for your small business is an important decision if you’re looking to compete with larger, more established competitors. A comprehensive phone system for any organization should include a range of functions which not only support the way in which your business communicates with customers and clients but also internally across divisional teams and departments.
Voice over Internet Protocol – also called VoIP and IP telephony – is fast becoming a business standard all over the world. It allows voice, video, and collaborative interactivity without using dedicated phone lines, and is often less expensive than traditional telephone services.
The question is, how do you choose the best VoIP phone system for your small business?
To Save You Time: Top 3 VoIP Phones for Your Office
Full reviews of all the best office phones can be found further down this page, but here’s the top three, side by side:
Get Phone System Quotes Tailored To Your Business – Start Here
What Benefits Are You Looking For?
Easy to Scale
On This Page:
- Top 10 Best VoIP Phone System Reviews
- How to Choose the Best Phone System for Small Businesses
- Advantages of VoIP
- The 4 Types of VoIP Phone System
- Verdict: Phone Systems for Small Business
Top 10 Best VoIP Phone System Reviews
The number one VoIP phone available in 2019 is the Polycom VVX 600, a reliable and practical business model, popular for its design and for being one of the easiest phones to use on the market. The Grandstream GXP2170 and GXV3275 place second and third with exceptional functionality and value for money.
Below we have listed a total of ten of the best VoIP phone models, based on features, ease of use and pricing. All of the phones on our list are sure to improve your office communications. As the key advantages laid out above show, the benefits associated with VoIP phones vary from cutting costs to advanced functionality that can make both your internal and external communications more efficient and effective.
Our picks for the ten best VoIP phones are as follows:
- Polycom VVX 600
- Grandstream GXP2170
- Grandstream GXV3275
- Htek UC924
- Yealink SIP-T19P-E2
- Polycom SoundPoint IP Series
- Cisco 7900 IP Phones
- VTech VSP736
- Yealink T2
- Grandstream GXP1400
Read on for individual reviews of each office phone model. Using the list above you can also navigate directly to the model you’re looking for.
The Polycom VVX 600 is an excellent example of a ‘business media phone’. It boasts a 4.3-inch gesture-controlled touch screen interface and even lets you manage your Microsoft Exchange calendar on the fly. This unit offers full HD voice quality (connection permitting), and some models come with a camera, supporting video calling and video mail.
- 4.3″ touch screen
- Polycom HD voice
- Voicemail support
- 16 line capability
- Duel USB ports
- Do not disturb function
This Linux-based unit features 44 fully-programmable soft keys, and supports an extension module with 160 additional keys. The screen is large enough at 4.4”, but at only 480×272 pixels still doesn’t seem very sharp. It supports Bluetooth and has both USB and RJ-9 headset ports.
- 5 way conference support
- LCD color display
- Wall mountable
- Bluetooth compatibility
- Plugin extensions available
- 12 SIP lines
The Grandstream GXV3275 is an Android 4.2 based system, and runs a wide variety of Android apps that can be found at the Google Play store, accessed from right on the phone. The on board camera is rated at 1 megapixel, and features a privacy shutter, which is an extremely useful addition.
It offers Bluetooth as well as USB, SD, HDMI and a Plantronics-standard headset port.
- Up to 6 lines for 6 SIP accounts
- Privacy shutter for camera
- Wall mountable base stand
- Integrated bluetooth
- HD wideband audio
- RJ9 headset jack
A fantastic entry-level internet phone that will enable your business to get online at a reasonable cost. The 3.5-inch color screen is both appealing and functional, with context sensitive actions. Users can connect a headset using the built-in RJ9 port, and 5-way local conferencing is also a standard feature.
- Two ethernet ports
- Five-way conferencing
- 3.5-inch color screen
- Compatible with RJ9 headsets
- HD Voice speakerphone
- 4 SIP accounts
A budget single-line phone that might not have the thrills of other VoIP devices, but does offer great value. With a single SIP line, this is a phone best suited to environments with low call volumes. Despite the price tag, you can expect a decent suite of features, such as call hold, three-way conferencing, SMS and anonymous calling.
Models in this series
- Single SIP line
- Compatible with headsets
- Desktop or wall mountable
- Low cost of entry
- Local three-way call conferencing
- 132×64 LCD screen
The Polycom SoundPoint IP Series of desk phones are designed for businesses, providing a range of high-quality solutions whatever the size of your enterprise.
Models in this series
- 321 / 331 / 335 – basic enterprise phones
- 450 / 550 / 560 / 650 – mid-range three- and four-line SIP phones
- 670 – top of the range SIP phone with colour display
- Excellent sound quality, including HD in the 650 and 670 models
- Simple, intuitive user interfaces
- Can be supplemented with a number of expansion modules for busy attendants, reception desks and call centres
Cisco’s 7900 Series of Unified IP Phones combine convenience and user-friendly capabilities with sophisticated feature rich options, including hi-fi wideband audio, color LCD displays and campus mobility on selected models, ideal for small to medium sized organizations. The range of features available help improve productivity and efficiency throughout an organization.
Models in this series
- 7975G/7965G features include high-fidelity wideband audio and color LCD displays
- 7945G feature high-fidelity audio and backlit color screens
- 7943G features including high-fidelity wideband audio and high-resolution display
- 7931G designed for functionality and ideal for commercial and retail environments
- Choice of greyscale and color displays, with LCD screens on selected models
- Additional support for information services, including XML benefits
- Dynamic softkeys for phone features and added functions
- Wireless capability with selected models
- High-fidelity wideband audio quality
It may not have the features of some of the more expensive VoIP phones, but the VTech VSP736 has quite a few tricks up its sleeve, such as three way conferencing and the ability to record calls onto a micro SD card. The phones interface also has a good suite of troubleshooting options should you have problems.
- Call recording function
- Three-way conference ability
- Large LCD screen
- HD voice quality
- 2 Gigabit Ether ports
- Six SIP account
Yealink T2 Series VoIP phones are designed for business users who need access to a range of features for everyday asks. The Yealink T2 series meets the communication needs of businesses of all sizes and can improve workforce productivity and efficiency.
Models in the series
- SIP-T29G high quality model with color display and HD technology
- SIP-T28P top of range voice communications and large visual display
- SIP-T27P feature packed SIP phone with wide functionality
- HD voice quality across range of models
- Large high-resolution easy to use displays
- IP PBX functionality
- Gigabit Ethernet support
- Range of telecoms functions
- XML browser
The Grandstream GXP series of VoIP phones are Linux based 2 line models designed for small-to-medium businesses. These phones feature superior HD audio quality, rich features and customizable applications to help users improve their overall communications process.
Models in the series
- 1400 A feature rich 2 line phone with one SIP account
- 1405 feature packed 2 line phone with two SIP accounts
- Linux based operating system
- 2 lines with one or two SIP accounts
- HD voice audio quality
- Easy to use visual display
Compare VoIP phones today and find the best price for your business.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!
Sorry about that. Try these articles instead!