Black Friday is famously a time for great savings across tech products, but it's also a brilliant opportunity to grab a bargain on software. If you're not already using a password manager, there's no better time to take the plunge, with some big Black Friday discounts to be found.
We've spotted so far:
Why use a password manager? Just think of all the numerous stories of hacks and scams hitting the headlines – a shocking number of these come back to unsecured or easily hacked passwords. In a recent report, the most popular password turned out to be ‘123456', and if that's a little close to home for you, it's time to get a password manager.
A password manager does the hard work for you, automatically generating complex passwords then storing them all securely, and auto-filling them for you when you log into your online accounts. You only need to memorize a single master password.
Costs can be as low as a couple of dollars per month – particularly with these great Black Friday deals:
Best Password Managers and Latest Deals
- Offers a completely free version
- Easy to understand UI
- Neat extra features such as a data breach scanner
- Slick setup
- Can't change passwords for accounts in the NordPass app
- Lacks some features such as a failsafe switch
- Free tier available
- Makes it super easy to securely log into your accounts from a web browser
- Detects when you’re using the same password on multiple sites.
- Available on all major browsers, iOS and Android
- Connection issues, though rare, can make password changes maddening.
- Password changing feature is very manual the first time round.
Tech.co is reader-supported. If you make a purchase through the links on our site, we may earn a commission from the retailers of the products we have reviewed. This helps Tech.co to provide free advice and reviews for our readers. It has no additional cost to you, and never affects the editorial independence of our reviews. Click to return to top of page