The concept of the 4-day workweek is gaining traction globally, making calls for healthier work-life balances becoming harder to ignore, thanks to the success of multiple global trials.
However, while dropping a working day can benefit businesses by increasing their hiring potential, reducing their operational expenses, and lowering worker absenteeism, the majority of business leaders are yet to be convinced. This lands supporters of the movement with a decision: continue working five days a week, or move to a company that does offer the perk.
For workers interested in the latter, we've compiled a list of top 4-day workweek companies hiring this December. We also, note what job titles are currently available, and explore other options for those that can't find an opening that suits them.
Qwick is a professional hospitality platform that matches freelancers with shifts. The growth-stage company is expanding fast, offering work-from-home and hybrid working options to its growing US workforce.
Qwick first introduced a four-day workweek in April 2022, and decided to stick it out after 95% of the team claimed that it positively impacted their work-life balance. The company doesn't comprise salaries either, paying it's workers 100% of their wages and reviewing pay twice a year to keep up with changing market values.
🔎 Want to browse the web privately? 🌎 Or appear as if you're in another country?
Get a huge 86% off Surfshark with this special tech.co offer.
Alongside a four-day workweek, Qwick's other perks include unlimited paid time off (PTO), a flexible work environment, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, and an employee equity program.
If this sounds good to you, take a look to see if any of Qwick's current openings align with your experience:
- Performance Marketing Manager, Growth
- Marketing Design Manager, Growth
- Demand Generation Manager, Growth
If you'd like to learn more about Qwick's company ethos and job vacancies, check out it's company's website.
SOAX is a UK-based data extraction company that operates 100% remotely. Founded in 2020, SOAX is growing quick – currently hiring a team of 74 employees based in over 20 countries.
SOAX rolled out a 32 hour 4-day workweek in March 2023, and are committed to paying workers 100% of their pay. In SOAX's own words, they believed in the “power of results, not just the number of hours worked” making the company a great fit for hard working candidates that value flexible policies as well as well earnt downtime.
The tech company is currently hiring for four positions across it's marketing operation and product teams:
- Performance Marketing Manager, Marketing
- Chief Operations Officer, Operations
- Compliance Manager, Operations
- Chief Product Officer, Product
For more detail on SOAX's current vacancies, refer to the company's career page.
Signifyd is a high-growth fraud protection company with offices in San Jose, New York, Denver, Belfast, London, Sao Paulo and Mexico City. However, many of it's employees work 100% remotely, making it ideal for candidates searching for remote or hybrid opportunities.
The companies puts a heavy emphasis on employee wellbeing, and this is evidenced in their workplace policies. Signifyd first switched to a 32 hour 4-day workweek in January 2022, and also offers a number of other desirable benefits including unlimited PTO, on demand therapy, and flexible working hours from 7am to 7pm.
Due to Signifyd's rapid expansion, it's currently onboarding for a wide variety of roles, with specialisms spanning from commercial sales to engineering. Like the sound of the company? Check if any of these current vacancies match your credentials:
- Deal Desk & Proposal Manager, Sales
- Enterprise Business Development Representative, Sales
- Strategic Account Executive, Sales
- Strategic Account Executive, Sales
- Enterprise Solution Engineer, Sales
- Mid Market Solutions Engineer, Sales
- Account Executive II, Sales
- Customer Marketing Manager, Marketing
- Ditector of Growth Marketing, Marketing
- Data Science, Data Science
- Senior Risk Data Analyst, Risk Intelligence
- Senior Customer Success Manager, Customer Success
- Senior Accounting Analyst, Accounting
- Deal Desk & Proposal Manager, Solutions Engineering
- Enterptise Solutions Engineer, Solutions Engineering
- Mid Market Solutions Engineer, Solutions Engineering
- Strategic Account Executive, Enterprise Sales
- Account Executive II, Commercial Sales
Learn more about Signifyd's current openings, and eligibility criteria on the companies careers page.
Feathr is a marketing software company that leverages data to support non-profit and event organizers. Like every other company on this list, the company offers a 4-day workweek at 100% pay, with the policy first being rolled out in January 2021.
Feathr prides itself on being a diverse and inclusive workspace and offers a number of enticing perks to it's US workforce, which is internally referred to as it's ‘flock'. Feathr's employee-centric culture is evidenced in it's move to cut pay for upper management and executives throughout Covid-19, enabling the company to give it's workers a Friday off.
In 2023 the policy still stands, and Feathr employees also benefit from 10 PTO days a year, unlimited sick time, and a winter and summer break.
Since we compiled our list of companies with 4-day workweeks hiring in November, Feathr has stopped hiring for it's Senior Account Director. However, if you're interested in joining the flock, it's recently advertised a new role:
- Implementation Engineer, Data Integration Services
Learn more about Feathr and it's vacancy on the company's website.
Digable is a creative marketing and technology company based in Englewood, Colorado. Founded in 2017, the company regularly rewards it's team of 86 workers, and was even voted a Top Workplace in Colorado in 2021 through to 2023, as well as the #1 Workplace for “Best New Ideas”.
Digable combines a 32 hour, 4-day workweek with other flexible policies like 28 days of PTO and flexible working hours. Despite being based in Colorado, Digable also lets employee work from anywhere around the world, making the company ideal for digital nomads and non American citizens.
With the company's gaze set on expansion, it's currently hiring for a variety number of roles, which we've listed below.
- Account Manager, Client Services
- Client Services Manager, Client Services
- Senior Account Manager, Client Services
- Paid Media Manager, Paid Media
- Paid Media Stratagist, Paid Media
- Ad Operations Specialist, Paid Media
- Data and Analytics, Tech
- Manager, Data Engineering, Tech (Fully remote)
To keep up to date with Digable's vacancies, check out the companies list of current openings.
thredUP is an online consignment and thrift store with partnerships with leading retailers including H&M and Bloomingdales. Founded in 2009, the company is now one of the biggest garment resale platforms, and is looking to expand it's team of 940 employees.
thredUP first rolled out it's 4-day workweek policy in 2021 after its successful pilot experiment. Now all of it's employees are free to take Fridays off, without any compromises being make to their pay checks.
Unlike many companies on this list, most of thredUP's roles don't allow full-time remote advantages. This means that to with for thredUP you'll have to be willing to work from one of it's Oakland (CA), Scottsdale (AZ), Lancaster (TX), Suwanee (GA) offices at least three days a week, depending on which role you're interested in.
Since our November round up, thredUP has stopped hiring for a Staff Software Engineer, Senior Front-end Software Engineer, Payroll Manager and a Data Analyst. However, the company is still hiring for a swath of roles, which we list below:
- Data Analyst, Marketing (Oakland, CA)
- Senior Software Engineer (remote, Poland & Romania)
- Senior Front-end Software Engineer, Content & Incentives (Oakland, CA)
- Engineering Manager, Merchandising (Oakland, CA & Scottsdale, AZ)
- Manager, SEC Reporting (Oakland, CA)
- Senior Product Designer (Oakland, CA)
- General Ledger Accountant (Oakland, CA)
- Senior Data Infra Engineer (remote, Poland & Romania)
- General Ledger Accountant (Oakland, CA)
thredUp has launched a number of new openings in recent weeks too, including:
- Custodian (Lancaster, TX)
- Compensation Analyst (Lancaster, TX, Scottsdale, AZ & Suwanee, GA)
- Vice President, Growth & Retention Marketing (Oakland, CA)
- Director of Customer Support (Scottsdale, AZ)
- Staff Applied Scientist Marketplace (Oakland, CA)
- Staff Data Scientist (Oakland, CA)
- Data Infrastructure Engineer (Oakland, CA & Scottsdale, AZ)
- Senior Software Engineer (Oakland, CA)
- Operations Lead (Lancaster, TX)
- Sr. Software Engineer, Notifications (Oakland, CA & Scottsdale, AZ)
New roles are being listen on ThredUp's website regularly, so be sure to check it often to stay up to date.
Asking Your Boss for a 4-Day Workweek
While there are loads of great 4-day workweek opportunities out there, if you can't one you're eligible for, there are other options out there.
If you're willing to move overseas for the perk, you can learn about which countries are taking a 4-daywork seriously in 2023. What's more, instead of idly waiting for your company to warm to the idea of a 4-day week, you can also put the case forward to your employer directly.
This might seem daunting, but with the tide changing on flexible work and more businesses adopting the working arrangement more than ever before, now is an ideal time to convince your boss about its extensive benefits.
You shouldn't jump in blindly though, as your case could have far reaching implications for your future at the company, as well as the job satisfaction of your wider workforce.
So, if you're interested putting flexibility first, check out our guide on how to ask your company for a 4-day workweek, broken down into simple steps.