One of the largest feature catalogs in ecommerce is getting even bigger, as Shopify unveiled more than 100 new features for its platform, including new engagement tools, custom storefronts, and even NFTs.
Our research has found that Shopify is one of the best ecommerce website builders on the market today, providing an unmatched number of features, as well as tools geared towards enterprise-level organizations that sell a lot of products.
Now, Shopify is making its case to be the undeniable top dog in the ecommerce world by adding scores of new features that could dramatically improve the platform for businesses of all sizes.
Shopify Unveil New Features
Announced in Shopify Editions, the blog page dedicated to unveiling new Shopify products and features, the ecommerce giant showcased more than 100 new features aimed at helping businesses find customers, convert shoppers, build relationships, and scale online stores.
“We will go wherever the world of commerce goes,” said Glen Coates, VP Product, Core, told TechCrunch. “We want Shopify to be a big easy button.”
Coates isn't kidding either. The list of new features offers a look into what the future of ecommerce might look like, with updates that allow users to perform actions like shopping on social media, tap to pay, and even utilize NFTs in your online store.
What Features Are Shopify Adding?
We're not going list all 100+ new features unveiled by Shopify. After all, you've got a busy day ahead of you and we wouldn't want to take up your time listing out everything found on Shopify Editions.
However, there are a few standout features that we think are worth mentioning. Here are some of the features Shopify unveiled this week that could improve your business:
- Shopify Audiences – Learn more about your customers with this new app designed to give you unique insights about your potential purchasers.
- Twitter Shopping – Reach your customers where they tweet, with product showcasing built directly into the Twitter app.
- Shopify Point of Sale – This new app will allow Shopify users to accept payments directly on their iPhone, which adds to the impressive lineup of Shopify POS functionality.
- Tokengated Commerce – Jump on the bandwagon and provide users with the ability to utilize NFTs to access exclusive products and experiences.
- Data Protection – Make security a priority by customizing which apps have access to personal customer information.
Suffice it to say, Shopify is adding a lot of functionality to its already robust platform, making it an even more obvious choice for businesses looking to set up an online store.
For more information about whether Shopify will be a good fit for your business, check out our Shopify pricing guide to understand how much the platform will cost.