July 1, 2019
Shopify is one of the biggest and best ecommerce builders on the market, allowing you to create and manage an online store and loads of different sales channels. But what do the Shopify pricing plans look like?
Obviously, this level of quality doesn’t come cheap. But, reassuringly, Shopify has some good-value plans perfectly suited to a smaller ecommerce store. Shopify can be as cheap as $26 per month (paid annually in advance). However, this rises steeply to as much as $299 per month for huge scale online stores. You can have a taste of Shopify for free, however, thanks to a zero-cost 30-day free trial that Shopify offers.
Shopify’s plans might seem expensive, but we think they’re worth it given that you’ll be making a return on the investment.
In this guide we’ll run through each pricing plan, what features they give you, which pricing plan is right for your business, and how Shopify compares to its competition.
- Shopify Pricing Plans Explained – Which plan is the best for you?
- Shopify Basic Plan – The best plan to start with
- Shopify Plan – The best plan for growing businesses
- Shopify Advanced Plan – The best plan for large businesses
- Shopify Lite Plan – Ideal for side hustles
- Shopify Plus Plan – Bespoke plans for the largest businesses
- Shopify Hosting Costs – How much does hosting cost for a Shopify-powered site?
- Shopify Alternatives – We look at how BigCommerce and other ecommerce platforms compare
Let's take a closer look at the three Shopify pricing plans, below:
|Shopify Basic||Shopify||Shopify Advanced|
|Cost (paid monthly)||$29||$79||$299|
|Cost (paid annually)||$312||$852||$3,192|
|Abandoned cart recovery||✔||✔||✔|
|Online credit card rates||2.2% + 30c||1.9% + 30c||1.6% + 30c|
|In-person credit card rates||1.7%||1.6%||1.5%|
|Shopify POS app||✔||✔||✔|
|Hardware peripheral support||✗||✔||✔|
|Compare Plans||Free Trial||Free Trial||Free Trial|
- Brilliant sales features, with lots of sales channel options and reporting features
- Easy to set up and manage an online store
- Impressive design options
- Great help and support functions
- Slightly more expensive than some rivals
- Charges transaction fees (unless you use Shopify Payments)
Build An Online Store With Shopify Now
Tech.co is reader-supported. If you make a purchase through the links on our site, we may earn a commission from the retailers of the products we have reviewed. This helps Tech.co to provide free advice and reviews for our readers. It has no additional cost to you, and never affects the editorial independence of our reviews.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!
Sorry about that. Try these articles instead!