December 14, 2014
People often misinterpret WordPress as just a simple blogging platform. However, it has evolved as a complete content management system in the past few years. Packed with a set of stunning features, this ultimate software is especially designed to make your blogging experience pleasant and convenient. WordPress is a fast, light, standards-compliant and freely distributed content management system with default features and settings as well as 100% customizable core.
Reasons Why WordPress Is A Top Choice Of Bloggers
WordPress CMS comes with various appealing features and thousands of plug-ins. So, the functionality of WordPress is endless as it can be extended unlimited times using the available or custom plug-ins. It gives you complete flexibility to extend or modify it in any way and have full control over it. You can even use it for your commercial or personal projects without paying licensing fees. Let’s have a quick look over the impressive features that make WordPress an ideal choice for website development:
- Easy-To-Use CMS: The interface of WordPress is as simple as today’s desktop publishing tool is. You do not require any coding experience or deep knowledge to run a WordPress powered website. The whole learning curve is usually as easy as entering your website’s URL & logging in to your site. As a consequence of years of refinement, the interfaces are well designed and user-friendly.
- Search Engine Friendly: The web spam team of Google says that WordPress is an optimal choice as it takes care of 80 to 90 % mechanics of SEO for you. For fine-grained search engine optimization control, various SEO plug-ins are available in the WordPress’s library.
- Extensive Plug-in Directory: Though WordPress comes packed with a wide range of attractive features. For every other attribute, there is huge plug-in directory, which consists of numerous plug-ins. You can use these plug-ins to add forum, social networking feature, complex galleries, calendars, spam protection, fine-tuned controls for SEO, etc.
- Customizable Platform: WordPress can be customized easily in the context of its features and design. It allows you to add custom designed themes to modify the look and feel of your website. This robust CMS is extremely easy to customize to suit your business needs.
- Support Responsive Behavior: Become responsive with WordPress content management system. Since, the platform has been created by considering the latest web standards. It enables you to develop 100% responsive website, which looks wonderful everywhere from large desktop screens to small mobile screens.
- Availability & Affordability: Since, developing a WordPress website requires the assistance of professional developer. This brings the need to approach a reliable company, which promises cost-effective as well as quality solutions. Fortunately, a large number of developers are involved in this technology and offer great services at the affordable prices.
How WordPress Is Distinct From Other Platforms!
Having complete control over your website is one of the primary advantages of using WordPress. Unlike other remote-hosted scripts: LiveJournal & Blogger, you can host WordPress software on your server. The installation and configuration of this tool is simple. You do not need to edit large number of templates to set up your site. Today, many websites run on this outstanding platform, such as People Magazine and Wall Street Journal blogs. WordPress is preferred over other content management systems for the following reasons:
- It provides flexibility to run anything from a simple blog to an e-commerce site and a video-focuses tumblog
- Sever & domain costs are the only outlays associated with setting up a WordPress blog
- Since its inception in 2003, WordPress has undergone through endless updates and modifications to offer incredible experience to its users
- With a wide array of themes and plug-ins available at its end, WordPress allows you to change the appearance of your site as per your preferences
Though a large number of blogging platforms and content management systems are available nowadays. Still WordPress remains the most preferred choice of people. This is due to the limitations that other platforms have, which are listed below:
- Blogger: With a blogger, you cannot customize your site by modifying the back-end code. It does not provide a good number of themes and plug-ins. Even, it is quite difficult to establish it on your domain.
- Tumblr: Here, text-heavy blogging is not supported by highly visual design. There is lack of all-inclusive caching, CDN and anti-virus plug-ins.
- SquareSpace: It is expensive to set up online presence using SquareSpace, especially businesses with e-commerce solutions. Lack of developer community, limited flexibility and inability to modify the back-end code are other disadvantages of this platform.
Popular Blogs And Magazine Websites That Run On WordPress
Although small and mid-sized businesses prefer WordPress CMS for developing websites. Still, there are some misconceptions and myths about using this platform for the high traffic sites or large enterprise level websites. Matt Cutts from Google is a leading web optimization industry, which has its personal blog created in WordPress. Still not convinced? Here is a list of popular brands that have their website built on WordPress CMS:
- BBC America
- The New Yorker
- Sony Music
- MTV News
- ebay Inc
- Best Buy
Thus, WordPress is the perfect CMS platform to use for most of the businesses. However, you may require assistance of competent designers & developers to create your website and maintain it on a regular basis.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!
Sorry about that. Try these articles instead!