November 6, 2015
Most would agree that WordPress is one of the easiest and most powerful blogging and website content management systems there are. It is also an open source project, which means that its original code is freely available to be modified at wish. However, above all else, it is extremely business-friendly, which is the main reason why more and more business owners decide to run their sites on the WordPress. Aside from the popular opinion, WordPress is more than just a blogging platform, and here is why.
It Is More Practical
At last, you can make your own changes, which means that now you no longer need to contact your designer every time an alteration has to be made. This saves you both time and money. Furthermore, you can access WordPress from any computer in the world, which is extremely convenient on its own. Finally, since you can do everything by yourself, updates will be made a lot sooner, making your site more current.
Seeing as we already discussed why it is more practical for the owner, now it is time for us to see how it benefits the users. For starters, regardless of how many pages you add to the template, the layout is always less confusing. Next, it is quite social network-friendly, which means that you can easily integrate your blog posts with Facebook or Twitter. It is also extremely easy to include audio and video posts which makes a world of difference.
For some reason Google is simply attracted to WordPress which means that it will be more eager to notice and index any new changes to your site. The kind of attention that this management systems gets is far out of reach for any traditional website. Also, for this very reason, sites managed in WordPress are more secure. Some would claim that numerous plugins pose a security threat however this is nothing more than an urban legend. In fact, the wide choice of plugins is what makes WordPress so efficient.
The Benefits of Plug-Ins
What plugins are, are small add-on programs meant to enhance sites capabilities. Including plugins into your website is an easy and inexpensive way to increase its functionality. On a traditional website, any change would have to be made with a lengthy and complicated installation. However, plugins can be installed with no more than three clicks. In the end, it turns out that the most difficult thing here is making the choice of the right plugins.
Most Popular WordPress Plug-Ins
There are many, handy plugins out there and their choice mainly depends on your needs. Some of the popular ones are:
- Enhanced Text Widget is a plug-in which helps you get more feature rich text for your page.
- Tickera is a WordPress plugin for event management, and it is a ticketing system. It enables you to keep track of your events, sell tickets and deliver them digitally to your customers.
- Akismet helps you fight spam in your sites comments section.
- Yoast SEO, maybe one of the most important plug-ins, helps you to optimize your pages and posts for best performance in search engines such as google.
- Finally, keeping Google Analytics plug-in in mind, you will manage to cover all important metrics for your site, including the visits, conversion and bounce rate.
- Finally, Google Analytics plug-in is what you need to analyze your site’s visits, conversion and bounce rate, and other important metrics every business site needs to look out for.
As you can see, the reasons to use WordPress for managing a website easily outweigh the cons. Chances are that by now you have already spent numerous hours maintaining your website and keeping both it and your business admirable. Just ask yourself this, if WordPress offers you a helping hand, do you really have a luxury of turning it down?
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!
Sorry about that. Try these articles instead!