Apple iPhone XS Max Review
The iPhone XS Max proves that bigger isn’t necessarily better
The iPhone XS Max is Apple’s biggest and most expensive iPhone ever. Launched alongside the XS in September, the XS Max was lauded above all else just for having a massive screen. While the XS Max is a very impressive and imposing phone, it offers precious little improvement over the XS – or even 2017’s iPhone X – beyond its bigger screen. So, who is the XS Max for? Should you buy it? And what’s even the point of a phone this big?
- Huge, impressive screen
- Excellent build quality with a reassuring heft
- Startlingly fast processor
- Tight integration with the rest of the Apple ecosystem
- Almost certainly too large for most people
- Eye-wateringly expensive
- Does it show a lack of imagination?
Click below to view images of the iPhone XS Max
In this review:
- Design – The iPhone XS Max doesn’t use its extra bulk well
- Cameras – The same excellent cameras from the iPhone XS
- Battery Life – Solid, if unspectacular
- Performance – Top-notch A12 processor makes it speedy
- Cost and Value for Money – At $1,100, can the XS Max ever be worth it?
- iPhone XS Max vs iPhone XS vs iPhone XR – Which is the right iPhone for you?
- iPhone XS Max Verdict – Should you go large on the new iPhone?
|iPhone XR||iPhone XS||iPhone XS Max|
|Cost||From $749||From $999||From $1,099|
|Screen size (in)||6.1||5.8||6.5|
|Dimensions (HxWxD mm)||150.9×75.7×8.3||143.6×70.9×7.7||157.5×77.4×7.7|
|Storage sizes (GB)||64, 128, 256||64, 256, 512||64, 256, 512|
|Processor||A12 Bionic||A12 Bionic||A12 Bionic|
|Rear camera||Single 12Mp||Dual 12Mp||Dual 12Mp|
|Front camera||7Mp TrueDepth||7Mp TrueDepth||7Mp TrueDepth|
Of course, you could always try to find a refurbished iPhone X for less than the price of a iPhone XR.