April 1, 2019
After disappearing for a few years, Nokia phones have come back with a bang.
The company is now churning out impressive mid-range and cheap Android phones with impressive regularity. What’s more, it’s starting to really push the game forward, especially with phones like the new 9 PureView with five rear cameras.
So, should you buy a Nokia phone? And, if so, which one is the best fit for you? We’ll tell you all that, and more, in this dedicated guide.
- Which is the Best Nokia Phone? – A quick round-up of the Finnish company’s best phones
- Are Nokia Phones Good? – Being relatively new to Android phones, can you trust Nokia?
- Nokia 9 PureView – We heard you like cameras, so Nokia gave you five rear cameras with Zeiss optics
- Nokia 7.1 – Arguably the best phone in Nokia’s line-up
- Nokia 6.1 – Another very impressive mid-range phone from Nokia
- Nokia 3.1 – Cheap, but alas, far from cheerful
- Nokia 2 V – A startlingly cheap, but not-bad Verizon exclusive
- Great cameras
- Impressive pOLED screen
- Stock Android
- Powerful processor and healthy Ram figure
- Battery isn’t the biggest at 3,320 mAh
- Only IP67 is waterproof-rated, despite not having a headphone jack
- Premium design
- Nice display
- Decent cameras
- Processor might be underpowered
- Battery isn’t huge
- Surprisingly cheap
- Large screen
- Decent processor
- Lacks premium materials
- Single rear camera
- Undersized battery
- Poor screen
- Underpowered processor
- Small battery
- Amazingly cheap
- Large battery
- Android Go should make it run smoothly
- Low resolution screen
- Android Go means you don’t get access to full versions of some apps
Should you Buy a Nokia Phone?
While it would be harsh to describe Nokia’s phones as hit-and-miss, you definitely need to be a bit more discerning when it comes to buying a Finnish phone compared to buying a Samsung, for example.
The 9 PureView is an impressive bit of kit, but we think Nokia does its best work with the 7.1 and 6.1, with surprisingly impressive specs for their price tags. Stick with one of these, and you’ll get a good phone without breaking the bank.
Read more about the latest phones on Tech.co
Some of the links on our page will take you directly to a provider or retail website, where you may find deals and discounts. If you make a purchase at this stage, we may receive a payment. This has no additional cost to you, and never affects the editorial independence of our reviews.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!
Sorry about that. Try these articles instead!