$199 – that’s how much the new Moto g7 Play will set you back. From new. In 2019. Can a phone that costs just a fifth of the price of a new iPhone XS actually be any good? Well, it’s not perfect – but nor will it be for less than $200. In fact, in some aspects, the g7 Play struggles. But, in the areas that really matter, it’s an impressive bit of kit.
Don’t be confused by the ‘Play’ moniker, though – the g7 Play is far from a gaming phone. Instead, it’s a cheap but decent enough phone, designed for those who don’t need all the latest features – and don’t want to pay for them, either.
The bottom-end of the Android market has been heating up recently, with both Nokia and Samsung launching new bargain phones. Can the g7 Play beat away its rivals? And if so, could you actually spend just $199 on a phone and get away with it?
In this review:
- Moto g7 Play design and screen – Does the g7 Play feel premium despite the low price tag?
- Moto g7 Play performance – Can the g7 Play keep up with the demands of a new phone?
- Moto g7 Play cameras – Does the g7 Play take good photos?
- Moto g7 Play battery life – How long does the g7 Play last?
- Moto g7 Play cost and value for money – It’s cheap, but is the g7 Play actually good value?
- Moto g7 Play – The Verdict
Tech.co is reader-supported. If you make a purchase through the links on our site, we may earn a commission from the retailers of the products we have reviewed. This helps Tech.co to provide free advice and reviews for our readers. It has no additional cost to you, and never affects the editorial independence of our reviews. Click to return to top of page