Motorola Moto g7 Power Review
A decent budget Android phone with brilliant battery life
The Moto g7 Power is a phone designed for one thing – exceptional battery life – and it certainly delivers. We saw well over two days’ battery life in regular use, and over a week sitting on standby. While the g7 Power’s battery life is incredible, it needs to do more than just last a long time to be a great phone. So, when you look beyond its longevity, does the g7 Power stand up to scrutiny?
- Exceptional battery life
- Powerful enough for everyday use
- Headphone jack and expandable storage
- Lightweight Android skin
- Screen isn't the best
- Processor isn't the speediest
- Isn't waterproof
- Thick and heavy
It also has one of the biggest batteries of any phone on sale, at 5,000 mAh. In fact, it’s almost twice as large as the battery in an iPhone XS.
But beyond the enormous battery, the g7 Power’s spec sheet doesn’t read too well. For example, it only has a 720p display, uses a middling Snapdragon 632 processor, and has a polymer (rather than glass) rear casing.
In many ways, it can be tricky to work out who the g7 Power is actually aimed at. Sure, we all want more battery life, but do we want it at the expense of other features?
For some people, the answer might be yes. If you’re one of these people, the g7 Power is perfect. If not, we’d look at the Moto g7 Plus.
In this review:
- Moto g7 Power battery life – How long does does its huge battery last?
- Moto g7 Power cameras – Can its single rear camera hold its own?
- Moto g7 Power performance – How fast is this new Motorola?
- Moto g7 Power screen – How impressive is its large display?
- Moto g7 Power design – Is it well built?
- Moto g7 Power cost – Is the g7 Power good value for money?
- Moto g7 Power – The verdict
Some of the links on our page will take you directly to a provider or retail website, where you may find deals and discounts. If you make a purchase at this stage, we may receive a payment. This has no additional cost to you, and never affects the editorial independence of our reviews.