March 1, 2019
The battle between the latest Apple and Samsung flagship phones feels as old as time, although, really, it’s only been 10 years since the fight commenced. This year, Samsung is pitching its brand new S10 model against Apple’s iPhone XS.
While Apple’s latest iPhone was an incremental upgrade over 2017’s iPhone X, the S10 has ripped up the blueprint set by its S9 predecessor to try and push the smartphone game forward.
So, which is the best phone for you? We’ve already reviewed the iPhone XS (and really liked it) though we haven’t had a chance to get our hands on the brand new S10 yet. So, these aren’t our final thoughts, but an educated overview based on a comparison of the specs and claims. We’ll be sure to update once the S10 itself is released.
Samsung Galaxy S10 vs iPhone XS: Head-to-Head
When it comes to specs, the S10 has the XS well and truly licked. It’s better almost across the board, with a sharper screen, better cameras, bigger battery, and so on.
The iPhone XS, on the other hand, can only best the S10 with its speedier (on paper) processor.
|Samsung Galaxy S10||Apple iPhone XS|
|Screen size (in)||6.1||5.8|
|Dimensions (HxWxD mm)||149.9×70.4×7.8||143.6×70.9×7.7|
|Storage sizes (GB)||128/512||64/256/512|
|Battery size (mAh)||3,400||2,658|
|Rear cameras (Mp)||12 + 12 +16||12 + 12|
|Price||From $899||From $999|
|Buy now||Click here||Click here|
On this page:
- Samsung S10 vs iPhone XS – Which phone is best?
- Samsung S10 – Highlights, pros and cons
- iPhone XS – Highlights, pros and cons
- Best Screen – Samsung S10 wins it
- Best Cameras – Too close to call
- Best Battery Life – The Samsung S10 lasts longer
- Best Processor – the iPhone XS is just faster
- Samsung Galaxy S10 vs iPhone XS – The verdict
- Class-leading display
- Powerful processor and lots of RAM
- Innovative and good-looking design
- Fairly large battery
- Great cameras
- More expensive than the S9
- Samsung bloatware
- Erm, that’s about it, at the moment
- Great cameras
- Fast, intelligent processor
- Integrates seamlessly with other Apple products
- Excellent build quality
- Design feels dated
- Battery life could be better
Tech.co is reader-supported. If you make a purchase through the links on our site, we may earn a commission from the retailers of the products we have reviewed. This helps Tech.co to provide free advice and reviews for our readers. It has no additional cost to you, and never affects the editorial independence of our reviews.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!
Sorry about that. Try these articles instead!