This content has not been updated since March 2019. For more recent tech advice for your business, have a look at our article about 2021's best phones.
The Samsung Galaxy S10e is the cheapest phone in the newly-announced Samsung S10 family. Compared to its S10 and S10 Plus bigger brothers, the S10e is a bit smaller, a bit less powerful and a fair bit cheaper. It’s also a major competitor to Apple’s ‘budget-premium’ iPhone XR.
Despite being the cheapest S10 model, the S10e still has a very enticing set of features. These include an OLED display, brand new processor and dual cameras. For all this, you’ll have to part with $750 which is, conveniently enough, the same price as Apple’s cut-price iPhone XR.
On paper, at least, it looks like the S10e should have the XR licked. The S10e has a sharper screen, more impressive design, better cameras and more storage. So, is the S10e the best “cheap flagship” phone on the market?
Samsung Galaxy S10e vs iPhone XR: Head-to-Head
Let’s take a look at the S10e and the XR’s specs head-to-head:
|Samsung Galaxy S10e||Apple iPhone XR|
|Screen size (in)||5.8||6.1|
|Dimensions (HxWxD mm)||142.2×69.9×7.9||150.9×75.7×8.3|
|Storage sizes (GB)||128/256||64/128/256|
|Battery size (mAh)||3,100||2,942|
|Rear cameras (Mp)||12 + 16||12|
|Front camera (Mp)||10||7|
|Price||From $749.99||From $749.99|
|Buy now||Click here||Click here|
On this page:
- Samsung S10e vs iPhone XR – Which Phone is Best?
- Samsung S10e – Highlights, pros and cons
- iPhone XR – Highlights, pros and cons
- Best Screen – Samsung S10e
- Best Cameras – Samsung S10e
- Best Battery Life – Samsung S10e
- Best Processor – iPhone XR
- Best Value – Samsung S10e
- Samsung S10e vs iPhone XR – Final Verdict
- Cheaper than most of the competition
- Very similar features and specs to the more expensive S10
- A great choice if you’re not keen on Samsung’s curved screens
- Samsung can be slow to issue software updates
- Better value than iPhone 11
- Good screen quality for an LCD
- Premium design
- Range of color options
- Single camera, rather than dual camera of the iPhone 11
- ‘Notch' screen design is divisive
- LCD, rather than OLED display
Tech.co is reader-supported. If you make a purchase through the links on our site, we may earn a commission from the retailers of the products we have reviewed. This helps Tech.co to provide free advice and reviews for our readers. It has no additional cost to you, and never affects the editorial independence of our reviews. Click to return to top of page