August 30, 2015
Did you miss out on one (or five) offrom the last week? It’s okay. We want to let you know that we forgive you; we totally get it. You’re a busy person, with a lot of things on your mind and equally as many things to do. You had people to meet, places to be, and tacos to eat. No worries, though, because we’ve curated this week’s top 10(ish) posts as determined by the editorial team in the Top Stories of the week.
Do you read Please let us know!every day? Once every couple of weeks? What kind of content would you like to see? Are we being helpful enough in providing resources for startups and entrepreneurs.
Need more Tech.Co? Sign up for the Tech.Co newsletter today, and get the weekly wrap-up direct to your inbox.
Here are this week’sTop Stories:
- 5 Best Practices for Conserving iPhone Battery Life: Need your iPhone to last the entire weekend without a charger? Then try out these best practices.
- Burning Man to Exhibit Artificial Intelligence Interaction Through Social Discovery Ventures: The company will be showcasing “OracleTang” at Burning Man.
- Sam Altman of Y Combinator: 5 Signs You’re Doing Fake Work: Fake work includes “focusing on PR” or “building out the organization” – whatever that means.
- Should You Continue Using Google Plus?: One of your contributors offers his opinions.
- The Top 10 Global Startup Scenes (According to a VC Firm): Stockholm, Berlin, and Tel Aviv all make the list.
- Richard Branson Explains How to Be Happy: Happiness is built on a few core building blocks: love, gratitude, mindfulness, and kindness.
- Top Photo Editing Apps for the Photography Enthusiast: AfterFocus lets you replicate the shallow depth of field effect made possible through DSLRs.
- Successful People Start Before They’re Ready: Entrepreneur James Clear lives his life according to this mantra by Richard Branson.
- The Sensel Morphy Multi-Touch Input Device Met Its Kickstarter Goal in Three Hours: It’s also a really, really cool device.
- Why Don’t More Women Want to Work in Tech?: A contributor shares his thoughts.
- Top 10 Highest-Paying Jobs at Google: Being a marketing director at Google/Alphabet ain’t too shabby.
- The 5 Hottest Series C Startups from 2014: According to a ranking by Mattermark.
- Carnegie Mellon Tops List of ‘STEMinist’ Colleges [RANKINGS]: The rankings come from Her Campus.
Like what you’re reading? Have some great knowledge and think you have what it takes to write some great content for others in the startup or tech space? Then, consider writing for us!
We published a Guide for the Healthy Entrepreneur – you should get yourself a copy here!
Do you have a copy of our book, yet? Order your copy of Startup Mixology: Tech Cocktail’s Guide to Building, Growing, and Celebrating Startup Success!
Interested in coming to a Check out our Tech.Co calendar here. Hope to see you whenever!event?
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!