August 9, 2019
Businesses live and die by their customers. Build a healthy customer relationship, and you'll thrive. But, consistently offer sub-par experiences and your business will fail, no matter how great the product. One type business software is centered entirely on tracking and addressing this core business need: CRM, or Customer Relationship Management.
With the right CRM, you'll ramp up your ability to convert leads while cutting down on churn at the same time.
Not only is the CRM software market competitive, with over a half dozen top-quality options available, but the array of features and add-on integrations can be confusing. Each CRM is different, with unique functions and potential extra costs – you can compare the latter using our handy CRM pricing quotes tool.
Best CRM Software for Small Businesses to Choose
Which CRM is best for a small business? We're glad you asked. All in all, it's hard to knock Salesforce from its position as the leading CRM provider on the market. But, small businesses on a budget should consider the alternatives – Hubspot is an outstanding choice for a growing business, and it has a brilliant free CRM tier that lets you use plenty of its features at zero cost.
Below, we list the best CRM software providers you can choose. Each has tiered plans that can help a small business scale and grow, so you can find affordable packages that may help you to start small.
- Salesforce — The biggest and best known brand in CRM, and one that's trusted by thousands of businesses worldwide. It combines various platforms, such as Sales Cloud and Marketing Cloud, for its different functions, and has a modern, simple interface plus powerful data functions.
- Hubspot — For small businesses, Hubspot may be an even smarter choice than Salesforce. A “freemium” CRM service, Hubspot's basic package is available for free, and has a simple learning curve. Additional premium tiers address more specific CRM categories, such as marketing or sales. This is a good option for businesses just dipping their toes in the CRM market, though they'll need to upgrade to a monthly payment plan to access the most worthwhile features
- SugarCRM — An all-in-one service that handles sales, customer service, marketing, and IT within a simple, easy to understand pricing plan that includes an optional add-on for field service management.
- Freshdesk — A ticket-management-centric CRM service, this solution includes automation features that can help an agent streamline every commonly repeated task by building a scenario that will automatically complete the task when needed. An intuitive interface and solid support options round out this useful offering.
- Microsoft Dynamics — A great choice for companies already well-versed in Microsoft products, this offering comes with features beyond just CRM: It can provide an integrated platform for finance and talent recruitment as well. However, third-party integrations beyond Microsoft are limited.
- Zendesk — Originally known for its ticketing and call desk tools, this software also helps usher leads down pipelines and close deals. Structured as a suite of apps under a single platform, Zendesk lets users pick and choose which features to focus on, and integrates easily with other CRM services. A good pick for a business in need of a customer support desk for tickets, live chat, and phone.
- Zoho — A feature-rich CRM option with support plans that scale with a business: The smallest plan is free and available to three users, while the mid-tier plans offer access to unique abilities, most noteably an AI that analyzes sales data to form predictions. It supports 20 languages, making it an attractive option for international operations.
- Apptivo — This CRM is a serviceable option that no-frills customers should enjoy: It includes the basic features in a simple, intuitive interface with a low learning curve. Strong security options are a stand-out feature.
- amoCRM — This CRM offers the basic CRM features and it also supplements them with robust integration options for third-party apps from Facebook to MailChimp. With just three service plans, all at a low price point, amoCRM is an easy-to-understand option.
Also in this Guide:
- Small Business CRM Software Compared
- How to Choose CRM for a Small Business
- Be Clear About How CRM Can Help Your Business
- Pick Simple CRM Software With Good Training
- Pick CRM Software that Can Scale as You Grow
- Know if You'll Need Mobile CRM Software
- Choose CRM With Excellent Reporting and Analytics
- Conclusion: Next Steps Getting a CRM System
Here's our closer look at the pros, cons, and unique abilities of the best CRM software vendors available today.
Scroll horizontally on mobile devices to see the whole table:
|Data cap in basic plan||612MB/user||5 documents||15GB/user||Unlimited||10GB + 5GB/20 users||Unlimited||1GB base + 512MB/user||3GB/user||200MB/user|
|Social media integrations||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Live chat support||Yes||Yes||—||Yes||Yes||Yes||—||Yes||Yes|
|Cheapest paid plan (user/month)||$25||$50||$40||$15||$80+||$89||$12||$8||$15|
|Most expensive plan (user/month)||$300||$1,200||$150||$109||$255||$149||$100||$20||$45|
|Verdict||A market leading CRM for good reason and a great all-rounder||A strong CRM system with an attractive free tier||A great all-round CRM with a great, easy to understand dashboard||A ticket-centric customer support CRM perfecet fo||A robust CRM platform that embeds brilliantly with Microsoft products||An inexpensive, simple CRM tool that can combine with other plug-ins and apps.||Flexible, friendly and effective, Zoho also starts at low price plans||Stripped-down but a solid CRM platform||Intuitive and simple, AmoCRM is a CRM suite that impresses|
If you're looking to get started with a CRM solution for your business, it's helpful to understand the type of costs you might expect. CRM pricing varies depending on the types of tasks you need to carry out, plus the size of your team and customer base. For a simple way to compare CRM costs, we recommend using our helpful CRM pricing quotes tool, below – simply fill in a few key details of what you're after to get started:
Compare CRM Costs in Moments
- Plenty of features
- A popular CRM option
- Intuitive user interface
- Phone and email support will cost extra
- Features can be overwhelming
- Great for businesses looking for a free option
- Easy learning curve
- Functional mobile app
- Free plan has limited functionality
- Extra features can be expensive
- Training is largely online
- Lots of features
- Free trial is available
- Available in 36 languages
- The interface isn't the best
- 24/7 support is only available for highest priced plan
- Useful automation features
- Strong Google integration
- Intuitive user interface
- Steep learning curve
- Notification alerts can be annoying
- Integrates easily with Microsoft products/services
- Flexible pricing so you don’t pay for features you don’t need
- 24/7 live support
- Limited third-party integrations
- Interface may not be intuitive
- Starts with competitive pricing
- Great ticket management features
- Good third-party integration options
- Not a complete CRM solution
- Live support not available at lowest tiers
- Starts with a free plan
- Good G-Suite integration
- Supports 20 languages
- Limitations of free plan may be reached quickly
- Strong security
- Prices are below industry average
- Third-party integrations
- Limited customization options
- Infrequently updated
- Strong sales pipeline
- Simple learning curve
- Third-party integrations
- Primarily focused on sales
- Limited storage space
Get CRM Software Quotes For Your Small Business
Tech.co is reader-supported. By clicking to compare, you’ll receive quotes from various suppliers, tailored to the needs of your business. If you enter into a contract with a provider, we may receive a payment for the introduction. This helps Tech.co to provide free advice and reviews. It carries no additional cost to you, and doesn’t affect our editorial independence.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!
Sorry about that. Try these articles instead!