Mobile World Congress is the biggest phones trade show in the world, and MWC 2019 is set to be one of the best yet. This year’s event will start on Monday February 25 and run until Thursday 28, and will likely feature 5G phones, foldable screens and a further glimpse at the Samsung S10.
Phone companies including Samsung, LG and Sony have traditionally used the annual expo in Barcelona to launch new and exciting smartphone models. Last year’s MWC, for example, saw the launch of the Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus, five new Nokia phones, and the release of Android Go.
MWC isn’t open to the public, however, with entry reserved for industry insiders and the press. We’ll be keeping a close watch on all the big announcements from this year’s event, starting with our roundup of what we’re expecting from this year’s event.
- Samsung S10 – After a load of leaks, we’ll finally get a look at Samsung’s new flagship lineup. This is the phone to beat in 2019
- Samsung Folding Phone – Galaxy F, Galaxy X? Whatever it’s called, we’ll finally see it in the flesh at MWC
- Nokia 9 Pureview – We’re expecting Nokia’s five camera phone to be revealed in Barcelona
- LG V50 ThinQ 5G – Confusing name aside, LG is set to reveal the first proper 5G-compatible phone
- LG G8 – The G8 is LG’s successor to the lackluster G7. It’s an important phone for LG, so it’ll be interesting to see the 2019 updates
- Sony Xperia XZ4 – Rumors suggest a genuine S10 competitor might be on the cards from Sony