March 29, 2019
Samsung has just revealed a new phone in the company’s mid-range, affordable Galaxy A lineup – the Samsung Galaxy A70. This joins the A50 and A30 phones among the great value Samsung smartphone options.
Though it may make the biggest headlines with its top-of-the-line smartphones, such as the Galaxy S10 range, and the bendable screen Galaxy Fold, Samsung also puts out a number of high quality, low-cost phones in its A-series.
Here’s what to know about the Galaxy A70 (plus A50 and A30), including all the top specs, and whether it’s worth nabbing.
New Samsung Galaxy A70 revealed
With the Samsung Galaxy A70, its screen is one of the more striking features. It’s a Super AMOLED screen – which on paper, makes it more impressive than even the iPhone XR’s LED offering. The display is tall and slim, with a 6.7-inch display and a 20:9 aspect ratio.
There’s even an on-screen fingerprint reader, just like Samsung’s higher-end Galaxy S10 and S10 Plus phones.
Elsewhere, the enhanced triple camera and strong battery are additional standout features – you can also enjoy these on the Samsung Galaxy A50, too.
The Galaxy A70 looks like a serviceable mid-range phone, giving users plentiful power. If you’re after a list of the phone’s key specs to fully understand what the Galaxy A70 has to offer, we’ve got you covered:
- 6.7″ FHD+ 1080×2400 Display with Super AMOLED Infinity-U
- Three-camera rear array: Main: 32MP, F1.7; Ultra Wide: 8MP, F2.2 (123°); Depth: 5MP, F2.2
- Front camera: 32MP, F2.0
- Dimensions: 164.3 x 76.7 x 7.9mm
- Processor: Octa Core, (Dual 2.0GHz + Hexa 1.7GHz)
- Memory: 6 GB / 8 GB RAM, with 128 GB Internal Storage and a Micro SD slot for up to 512 GB
- Dual SIM (3 slot)
- Battery: 4,500 mAh (typical) with Super Fast Charging
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Security: On-Screen Fingerprint biometrics; Facial Recognition
- Colors: Black, Blue, Coral, White
Samsung A30 & A50 Phones
Samsung’s entire Galaxy A line is still very young: The A30 and A50 phones were only just announced last month. For all the phones, a long-lasting performance and high quality camera are the top priorities.
The display sizes and resolutions and the body dimensions are identical across both devices, which are set apart by processors, camera specs, and memory, as well as a few features. The A50 includes an “AI Camera” feature, aimed at helping users get the best scene in their shot, along with a Selfie Focus designed to subtly blur the background to better frame a face.
The Galaxy A30 & A50 phone specs:
- Display: 6.4-inch FHD+ (1080×2340) Super AMOLED Infinity-U
- Dimension: 158.5 x 74.7 x 7.7mm
- Design: 3D Glasstic
- (A50) Quad 2.3GHz + Quad 1.7GHz
- (A30) Dual 1.8GHz + Hexa 1.6GHz
- Front camera:
- (A50) 25MP FF (F2.0)
- (A30) 16P FF (F2.0)
- Rear camera:
- (A50) 25MP AF (F1.7) + 5MP FF (F2.2) + 8MP FF (F2.2);
- (A30) 16MP (F1.7) + 5MP (F2.2)
- (A50) 4 / 6 GB RAM with 64 / 128 GB Internal Storage and up to 512 GB Micro SD
- (A30) 3 / 4 GB RAM with 32 / 64 GB Internal Storage and up to 512 GB Micro SD
- Battery: 4,000 mAh (typical)
- Fast Charging
- Samsung Pay
Samsung A70 Release Date & Price
These are, unfortunately, yet to be confirmed. Samsung hasn’t revealed the launch date or even the price of the Samsung A70 phone.
That said, Samsung has an event coming up the 10th April with the straightforward title “A Galaxy Event,” and we expect prices and dates to be revealed then, as the company is using the time to “unveil its latest Galaxy A devices” in more detail.
For comparison’s sake, the new Galaxy S10 starts at $900, the Galaxy S10 Plus starts at $1000, and the Samsung S10e starts at $750 – as a mid-range offering, we’d expect the A70 to start at a lower price point.
Should I Buy a Samsung A70?
The short answer: Probably! It’s a solid version of what users should expect from the Galaxy A range: Reasonable memory and battery life at what’s likely to be a reasonable price.
If you demand the highest performance possible from your phone, the specs we listed earlier likely already drove you away. But if you’re a casual user looking for the best value proposition on a phone that can last you a while, the Samsung Galaxy A70 might be for you.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!
Sorry about that. Try these articles instead!