May 17, 2015
Did you miss out on one (or five) offrom the last week? It’s okay. We want to let you know that we forgive you; we totally get it. You’re a busy person, with a lot of things on your mind and equally as many things to do. You had people to meet, places to be, and tacos to eat. No worries, though, because we’ve curated this week’s top 10(ish) posts as determined by the editorial team in the Top Stories of the week.
Do you read Please let us know!every day? Once every couple of weeks? What kind of content would you like to see? Are we being helpful enough in providing resources for startups and entrepreneurs.
Need more Tech Cocktail? Sign up for the Tech.Co newsletter today, and get the weekly wrap-up direct to your inbox.
Here are this week’sTop Stories:
- Say Goodbye to These 5 Web Design Trends:Trust us, you don't want to be caught using these trends from the past.
- 6 Ways to Raise Money for Your Tech Startup: Raising seed capital doesn't have to involve outside investors.
- Instagram's First Hire Was a Community Manager, and It's Made All the Difference: The company did not build their team thinking product-first.
- 20 Productivity Apps to Be Your Most Efficient You: Check out these productivity apps to get you on top of your life – from email management to your everyday tasks.
- 4 Free Tools to Improve Online Collaboration: Collaborating with teams online doesn't have to be complicated (and shouldn't be expensive).
- Developing a Mobile App? 3 Frameworks You Should Know: If you're a developer, make you sure you know about these app frameworks.
- 3 Ways to Dominate the Local SEO Game: Especially with Google having updated their algorithm, it's important you know how to hack local SEO.
- Marketing is Much More Than Facebook Posts and Tweeting: Social media marketing involves much more than simple posts and tweets; it's also about creating great content.
- Making the Decision: Web Designers VS. Site Builders: Should you stick you using a site builder to create your website, or hire an outside web designer?
- Don't Raise Startup Capital from Friends and Family: While it's a tactic used by many startups, what happens when/if your startup ultimately fails? Awkward.
- Why BetterBack Raised 9,000% of Its Kickstarter Goal: BetterBack claims to give you better posture by simply using it 15 minutes a day. Read how it's managed to raise so much funding.
Like what you’re reading? Have some great knowledge and think you have what it takes to write some great content for others in the startup or tech space? Then, consider writing for us!
We published a Guide for the Healthy Entrepreneur – you should get yourself a copy here!
Do you have a copy of our book, yet? Order your copy of Startup Mixology: Tech Cocktail’s Guide to Building, Growing, and Celebrating Startup Success!
Interested in coming to a Check out our Tech.Co calendar here. Hope to see you whenever!event?
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!
Sorry about that. Try these articles instead!