June 15, 2014
Did you miss out on one (or five) of Tech Cocktail’s posts from this week? It’s okay. We want to let you know that we forgive you; we totally get it. You’re a busy person, with a lot of things on your mind and equally as many things to do. You had people to meet, places to be, and tacos to eat. No worries, though, because we’ve curated this week’s top 10(ish) posts as determined by the Tech Cocktail editorial team. Need more Tech Cocktail? Sign up for the Tech Cocktail newsletter today, and get the weekly wrap-up direct to your inbox.
Here are this week’s Tech Cocktail Top Stories:
- Who Is Maine’s Hottest Showcasing Startup? [Poll]: We’re hosting a Tech Cocktail Mixer & Startup Showcase on Thursday, June 19th at Masonic Temple as part of Maine’s Startup & Create Week -have you voted for your favorite Maine startup, yet?
- Here Are Some of the Highest-Paid CEOs in Tech: Oracle CEO, Lawrence J. Ellison, gets paid over $78 million – yes, that’s annually. Take a look at some of the other highest-paid CEOs on the list.
- 20 Magic Words to Say at Work: Being honest and admitting vulnerability are signs of great self-understanding, and it’s this knowledge of one’s self that allows for growth. Here are 20 statements that signal such openness.
- “Startupland” Documentary Launches Globally with Screenings in Over 50 Cities: This week, the documentary series produced by Fortify Ventures’s Jonathon Perrelli was launched around the world. It follows the experiences of five startups as they go through an accelerator program.
- A Ranking of the Most Entrepreneurial Corporations: A big surprise here: strategic consulting firms McKinsey and BCG are entrepreneurial powerhouses.
- 5 Startups on the Ground Floor of the Internet of Things: The Internet of Things is the future, and we need to pay attention. Here are the five startups you need to know that are changing the ways everyday objects interact with the Internet to improve our lives.
- Clickhole, The Onion’s BuzzFeed Parody Site Launched Today: Basically, the best site that exists on the Internet. Waiting for a listicle like “10 Times My Phone Died and I Disappeared from the Face of the Planet”.
- DC Metro’s Silver Line May Open in July. Will It Bridge the DC TechGap?: WMATA announced this week that it hopes to have service running on the Silver Line of the Metro rail system by July’s end. What does this mean for the wider DC tech environment?
- Phone Halo Kills It Yet Again, Raises Over 500% of Their Goal for TrackR Bravo: The Indiegogo campaign has, so far, raised over $135k – way past its initial goal of $20k.
- RideScout Expands to a Whopping 69 Cities across North America: RideScout is one of the fastest-growing startups coming out of DC, and they announced this week an expansion of service to a total of 69 cities across the U.S. and Canada.
- Matt Mullenweg’s Automattic, Belly, and 48 Other Startups Selected to Be Part of Dell’s Elite Founders Club 50: Is your startup on the verge of being the top contender in your industry? Do you think you have what it takes to be selected as a member of Dell’s Elite Founders Club 50? Check out why/how startups like Belly got this honor.
- Elon Musk Open Sources Tesla’s Patents: Elon Musk made headlines this week when he announced this total gamechanger.
Like what you’re reading? Have some great knowledge and think you have what it takes to write some high-quality content for others in the startup or tech space? Then, consider writing for us!
Have you pre-ordered our book, yet? Pre-order now on Amazon for Startup Mixology: Tech Cocktail’s Guide to Building, Growing, and Celebrating Startup Success.
Interested in coming to a Tech Cocktail event? Check out our calendar here. Hope to see you whenever!
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!
Sorry about that. Try these articles instead!