Lenovo Smart Display Review
A fantastic smart home device
The Lenovo Smart Display does exactly what it says on the tin. It’s an 8-inch (or 10-inch) screen display, made smart by Google Assistant. Simple as that sounds, the Lenovo Smart Display is still capable of some impressive tricks, and had notably good speaker quality. As smart home devices go, we’d argue the Lenovo Smart Display is one of the best on the market.
- Bright, sharp screen
- Impressive audio quality
- Google Assistant is as fantastic as ever
- Attractive, well considered design
- A bit pricey — on the surface, at least
- Screen lacks a compelling use case
While the Lenovo Smart Display is excellent, it has some stiff competition — most notably from Google’s own Home Hub, which undercuts the Smart Display by some $50, plus from Amazon’s Echo Spot and Echo Show. So, does Google Assistant make the Smart Display better than the Echo devices? And, perhaps more importantly, can the Lenovo beat Google at its own game?
In this review:
- What is the Lenovo Smart Display? – Everything you need to know about Lenovo’s smart speaker
- What’s the Lenovo Smart Display Great At? – Excellent sound quality, security and Google Assistant
- What are the Drawbacks? – It’s great, but not quite perfect
- Is the Lenovo Smart Display Good Value? – How does it fare against competition from Google and Amazon?
- The Verdict – One of the best smart home devices around
Some of the links on our page will take you directly to a provider or retail website, where you may find deals and discounts. If you make a purchase at this stage, we may receive a payment. This has no additional cost to you, and never affects the editorial independence of our reviews.