March 26, 2019
Dell has been a stalwart of the home computer space for years, with over three decades of experience in manufacturing and selling PCs and laptops. If you’ve been eyeing up its models with a view to picking up a new laptop, you’ll note that its range is exhaustive – there’s Inspiron, XPS, and the G Series, not to mention Chromebooks and its gaming-devoted Alienware models.
Dell has received a lot of praise for its line up, not least for its XPS range, which many point to as the company’s answer to the Apple MacBook. It’s not hard to see why – the XPS merges style and power, producing a fast, desirable laptop.
However, Dell also caters for all budgets, and you can find laptops in its range available for under $200. We take a look at its entire catalog, and let you know which series would suit you best.
- Which is the Best Dell Laptop?
- Are Dell Laptops Good
- Dell Inspiron 3000 Series - Dell’s entry level laptops
- Dell Inspiron 5000 Series - Dell’s mid-range, including 2-in-1 models
- Dell Inspiron 7000 Series - Higher end laptops with sleek designs
- Dell XPS Series - Dell’s high-end laptop range
- Dell G Series - Dell’s gaming compatible laptop line up
- Dell Alienware Series - Dedicated gaming laptops
- Dell Inspiron Chromebook - Dell’s entry level Chromebook
- Verdict: Should you buy a Dell laptop?
Cheapest Dell Windows laptops
Plenty of specification options
Lack of video card options
Good value everyday laptop
Available with optical drive
Graphics cards on top end models
Lacking the design ethos of the XPS series
Excellent slim design
Light and portable
Don’t compromise on specs
Can be pricey
Designed for gamers
Overshadowed by the Alienware series
Serious gut-punching hardware
Not that portable
Slim and portable
Audio is poor
Some of the links on our page will take you directly to a provider or retail website, where you may find deals and discounts. If you make a purchase at this stage, we may receive a payment. This has no additional cost to you, and never affects the editorial independence of our reviews.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!
Sorry about that. Try these articles instead!