|Max number of users (lowest plan)||150||100|
|Max number of users (highest plan)||3,000||1,000|
|Meeting time limits?||No||24 hours|
|Best for||Security||Ease of use|
|Lowest monthly price||$12/host||Free tier|
|Highest monthly price||$16/host||$19.99/host|
GoToMeeting and Zoom are both great video conferencing solutions, with strong feature sets and support packages. However, we have to give the edge to GoToMeeting for most companies' needs, despite Zoom's popularity.
GoToMeeting is a more flexible and secure service, built to handle everything from two attendees to thousands. Still, Zoom does stand out for its free option, and its ease of use is hard to beat.
Here's what you need to know about the best features these video conferencing services have to offer, including prices, support, and ease of use.
In This Guide:
- GoToMeeting vs Zoom: Head to Head – The two high-quality brands are fairly evenly matched.
- Features – They're both rich in features, but not the same ones.
- User Experience – One of them is a hair easier to pick up.
- Price Comparison – Key information on price plan tiers.
- GoToMeeting App vs Zoom App – Which has the best mobile app, and what devices are compatible?
- Customer Support – Both services include 24/7 support…
- The Verdict – It's a tough call, and depends on your particular company's size and needs.
- FAQs – We address your most commonly asked questions.
- High quality audio and video
- Very reliable and secure
- Lower cost than competitors
- No free plan
- Easy to use
- Broad functionality
- Free version available
- Poor audio quality
Zoom, on mobile
GoToMeeting, on mobile
The two video conferencing services are evenly matched in many ways: They're easy to learn and use, and they both come with round-the-clock support.
Zoom and GoToMeeting both offer a great feature set on all plan tiers. Zoom's features come with more granular settings overall, though GoToMeeting offers a few big benefits (like unlimited recording storage) that Zoom lacks. Zoom's plans are priced a little higher than GoToMeeting's, but Zoom offers a tempting free plan.
In the end, security is the factor that pushes GoToMeeting to victory. Keeping sensitive data private and secure is important for practically any business, but Zoom's history of exploits and oversights throws doubt on their ability to secure the devices their software is installed on.
Tech.co is reader-supported. Using Tech.co's comparison form, you can receive quotes from various suppliers, tailored to the needs of your business. If you enter into a contract with a provider, we may receive a payment for the introduction. Equally, if you make a purchase through the links on our site, we may earn a commission from the retailers of the products we have reviewed. This helps Tech.co to provide free advice and reviews. It carries no additional cost to you, and doesn’t affect our editorial independence.