January 31, 2019
Using a cheap website builder needn't mean cutting corners when creating your perfect website. A well-constructed website can help you grow your business, land that dream job, or give your passion project loads of great exposure – and you can do all of this with a low-cost website builder that won't break the bank.
These days, creating your own website needn’t cost an arm and a leg. There are some great website builders in the market that’ll get you online for a monthly fee that's less than the price of a beer.
If you want to create a great-looking website without spending a fortune, then the best cheap website builder is Wix. Our recommendation is based on expert testing and user feedback, including from complete novices at creating sites. Not only is Wix incredibly easy to use, but it has a range of professional quality templates and regular deals and discounts to make it even more compelling.
When choosing a cheap website builder, don't simply go for the cheapest possible price. Consider the real value of what you're paying for. If you are making your own website, it’s worth making a good one – simply put, if your site isn’t up to scratch, no one will visit it. And if no one’s visiting your website, is there much point in having one at all?
In this guide, we’ll round up the best cheap website builders, offer some guidance about how much different types of websites will cost, and explain why you should avoid a free website.
- Competitive prices to get started
- Get a free domain on pricing plan costing just $8.50 per month
- Access loads of third party apps and plugins
- Bandwidth limits are a little low
- Storage could be more generous
Build a brilliant low-cost website with Wix
- Unlimited storage for $12 per month
- Free domain on cheapest paid plan
- Ecommerce functions from $12 per month
- Jump between different pricing tiers is quite high
- Some support options limited to higher tiers
Get started with Weebly for just $7 per month
- Get a brilliant website on the cheapest plan
- Cost-effective ecommerce plans
- No need to shell out for additional apps, templates or plugins
- Cheapest plan is more expensive than some rivals
Start an amazing website with Squarespace
- Simple, easy to understand pricing
- Both plans are pretty cheap
- Tied into year-long contracts
- No free trial
Build your dream website with 1&1 Ionos from just $7 per month
- Great for creating small, simple sites quickly and cheaply
- Premium plan offers all the features you’re likely to need outside of ecommerce functions
- WordPress.org is probably a cheaper way to build your site with WordPress
- Competitive pricing for businesses and ecommerce sites
- 30-day free trial gives you a chance to try before you buy
- 24/7 on the phone support with all plans
- Struggles with non-business or ecommerce sites
Build a bargain business website with GoDaddy
- Basic or Advanced plans are decent value compared to rivals
- It’s a speedy way to create a website
- Lack of compelling features on high-end pricing plans
Create a brilliant cheap website in minutes with Site123
Get Started With Wix from Just $5 per Month
Some of the links on our page will take you directly to a provider or retail website, where you may find deals and discounts. If you make a purchase at this stage, we may receive a payment. This has no additional cost to you, and never affects the editorial independence of our reviews.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!
Sorry about that. Try these articles instead!