June 9, 2019
Wix vs GoDaddy – two of the biggest and best known website builders on the market at the moment, and you might be struggling to choose between them.
We think that Wix is the best overall website builder on the market, based on our extensive research and user testing process. Wix wowed us with its brilliant design editing tools, fantastic SEO tools and its huge app store and feature set.
However, GoDaddy has plenty going in its favor – it remains one of the fastest ways to build a website, thanks to its great ADI feature and simple to use interface. We’ll go into more detail about Wix and GoDaddy in this guide, and help you pick the right website builder for you.
In this Guide:
- Wix Summary – Get a great-looking website with loads of features with Wix’s easy to use software
- GoDaddy Summary – Build a website in minutes with GoDaddy’s speedy set up and site creator
- Wix Has a Better Range of Features – Loads of built-in features and an extensive app store
- GoDaddy has Faster ADI – You can build your site in minutes with GoDaddy’s speedy AI-powered website building tool
- Wix has Better Help and Support – With an extensive knowledge base and user community, you’ll never get stuck with Wix
- Wix has Better Ecommerce Functions – Build and manage a great online store with Wix’s templates and tools
- Wix is More Versatile than GoDaddy – Thanks to a wide range of templates, you can build almost any type of website with Wix
- Wix vs GoDaddy Pricing Comparison – GoDaddy is cheaper, but Wix has more features
- Verdict – Find out why we think Wix is better than GoDaddy
Which is Better – Wix or GoDaddy?
Wix is better than GoDaddy if you're creating a website for the first time. In fact, Wix is our favorite website builder of all the brands we've tested. It performed well across the board in our testing, with an extensive set of features and a well-judged balance between detailed customization options and straightforward UI.
However, GoDaddy performs just as well in some areas. We found it just as easy to use as Wix, for example, and you can build a website even more quickly with GoDaddy than Wix. The two are further apart, however, when it comes to Features, Value for Money, and Help & Support.
The best website builder you can choose
We've done the testing and user feedback, and the results are clear. Wix is the best website builder on the market — and it's streets ahead of GoDaddy's builder.
While both Wix and GoDaddy allow you to build a website, Wix gives users a greater range of features than GoDaddy. For example, it has powerful search engine optimization (SEO) tools which you can use to help your site appear at the top of search engine results pages — this will help more visitors find your site.
Wix is also far more versatile than GoDaddy. With Wix, you'll be able to build almost any type of website — blogs, ecommerce stores, business sites, portfolios and more. This is ideal if, for example, you start building an online store, and then decide to add a blog element to keep in touch with your customers and keep them updated.
Wix is also better value for money than GoDaddy, offering a wider range of pricing plans, with more features and the ability to pay monthly, rather than annually.
Want to know more? Read our full Wix Website Builder review here.
An incredibly quick, easy way to make a website
GoDaddy is a huge internet services company, offering everything from website hosting to online marketing functions. However, we don't think its website builder is its finest work.
GoDaddy's website builder is easy to use — everything is intutively laid out and jargon-free. However, compared to other website builders, we felt that this simplicity restricted the overall website customization.
If you want to build an online store, or a website for your business, GoDaddy is a solid tool. Unfortunately, GoDaddy isn't the best when it comes to building blogs, portfolios or any other type of website.
Some of the links on our page will take you directly to a provider or retail website, where you may find deals and discounts. If you make a purchase at this stage, we may receive a payment. This has no additional cost to you, and never affects the editorial independence of our reviews.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!
Sorry about that. Try these articles instead!