Our independent reviews and recommendations are funded in part by affiliate commissions, at no extra cost to our readers. Click to Learn More
Wix and WordPress are two of the best ways to build a website. However, on balance, we think that Wix is the better way to build a website, thanks to its greater level of customization and the ease with which you can add extra features to your site. WordPress does have the advantage when it comes to building blogs and journalism websites, but Wix is ultimately a more versatile builder, and has regular deals and discounts to help it compete..
Right out of the gate, Wix is a notably powerful website builder. Using a drag-and-drop editor and preset templates, it makes building a great-looking website straightforward.
WordPress, on the other hand, offers less individual template customization, but has a fantastic post and page management system. In fact, around 30% of the entire internet uses WordPress, thanks to how easy it is to create and edit pages and posts.
In this guide, we'll explain some of the specific differences between the two, the pricing options, the pros, the cons, and a whole lot more, so you can make an informed decision for your website building needs.
Wix vs WordPress: Head-to-Head
Here at Tech.co, we put every website builder through a rigorous testing and reviewing process to find the best software for your needs.
We compare everything from the range and quality of features to the pricing plans of each website builder, as well as the results of actual user testing.
In this review:
- Wix or WordPress – Which is Best?
- Wix Review – Why it's our favorite website builder
- WordPress Review – Find out why one-third of the internet uses WordPress
- WordPress is Best for Blogging – A powerful CMS makes posting a breeze
- Wix is Best for Beginners – Easy-to-use editor makes Wix easy
- Wix is Best for Ecommerce – Sell your wares with ease with Wix
- WordPress is Best for Advanced Users – Coding, self-hosting and more makes WordPress a great choice for those with the know-how
- Wix vs WordPress – The Verdict
Value for Money
Help and Support
Ease of Use
Paid plan (monthly)
Try it Today
Yes (data and URL limitations)
Starts from $5
Starts from $4
- Get 50% off Wix Premium plans until 22nd October
- Incredibly simple to use
- Great value plans
- Easy to preview as you go
- No expertise needed
- Great range of templates
- Free plan leaves you with a poor URL and Wix adverts
- After publishing with a template, you can't change to another one
- Great for bloggers and publishing sites
- Easy to get started
- Huge user community
- WordPress.org might be a better option
- Not a worthwhile choice for non-publishing/non-blogging sites
- Slightly inflexible editor
Tech.co is reader-supported. If you make a purchase through the links on our site, we may earn a commission from the retailers of the products we have reviewed. This helps Tech.co to provide free advice and reviews for our readers. It has no additional cost to you, and never affects the editorial independence of our reviews. Click to return to top of page