Squarespace Pricing Plans In Detail
Squarespace splits its four pricing plans into two sections: Websites and Online Stores.
The Website plans are the cheapest, starting at $12 and $18 per month. These plans are meant to provide websites that will suit all kinds of users, from hobbyists, clubs and portfolios to small and medium-sized businesses.
The clue is in the name with the Online Store plans. They’re designed to allow users like yourself to create fully-functioning online stores for your business, no matter its size. As a result, they require some specialized ecommerce features – such as shipping and tax calculators – that bump the price up. The Online Store plans cost $26 and $40 per month.
The plans might sound expensive, but Squarespace’s pricing structure isn’t designed to upsell you. It wants to make the whole business of creating and running a website – whatever you need it to do – as simple as possible.
- If you want to make a blog – Choose the Personal plan, as you’ll get unlimited storage for photos and website metrics
- If you want to sell products online – You’ll need the Basic Online Store plan. There are no transaction fees, and you can sell an unlimited amount of products
- If you want to create a site for your small business – We’d opt for the Business Websites plan. You get professional email, and the ability to create promotional pop-ups and announcement bars to help you make sales
- If you want to run a website for a club or group – The Personal plan should suit you just fine – and with unlimited bandwidth thrown in, you’ll never worry about your site going down
- If you want to create a portfolio – Again, we’d go for the Personal plan. Unlimited storage is great for uploading videos, images or audio to advertise your work
- If you run a subscriptions business, like a magazine – You’ll need the Advanced Online Stores plan. Squarespace is currently the only website builder to offer subscription sales
Squarespace Personal Plan
The Personal Plan is Squarespace’s cheapest pricing plan, costing $12 per month.
For this, you’ll get access to a fully-featured website with unlimited storage for uploading images and videos, and unlimited bandwidth to make sure everyone can visit your site.
Your website will be fully mobile-optimized, thanks to Squarespace’s industry-leading templates, and you’ll get SSL security included, so your users will see the reassuring padlock in their browser. Also thrown in are website metrics and 24/7 help and support.
If you’re looking to build a website for a small club, hobby, blog or portfolio, the Personal plan is a great choice.
Squarespace Business Plan
Intended for businesses that don’t need to sell products online, the Business plan costs $18 per month and builds on the Personal plan’s strong foundations.
You’ll be able to register unlimited contributors to your site – ideal for businesses with more than one employee – and be able to get professional email from Google featuring your site’s custom domain, rather than “@gmail.com.”
You’ll also be able to access a selection of tools to encourage customers to visit your store or place an order. You get $100 of Google Ad credit to help attract customers to your site, as well as access to promotional pop-ups and an announcement bar to make your offers even more enticing.
For small bricks-and-mortar shops or services businesses, the Business plan is ideal.
Squarespace Basic Online Stores Plan
While you can sell products online with the Business plan, Squarespace will take a 3% commission on every sale you make. With the Basic Online Stores plan, however, Squarespace waives the fee.
The monthly price is increased to $26 per month, but you get a wide range of benefits beyond just the transaction fee. For example, you get a fully mobile optimized checkout on your own site, and improved commercial metrics to identify any pain-points your users are finding with your site.
You also get access to integrated accounting and label printing services, provided by specialists that have partnered with Squarespace. This makes it super easy to keep your stall in order.
Squarespace Advanced Online Stores Plan
At $40 per month, this is Squarespace’s most expensive plan. And, while you might wince at that price, don’t forget that Squarespace’s excellent site design and features will be helping you make way more money than that.
You get all the features from the Basic Online Stores plan, plus:
- Abandoned cart auto-recovery
- Advanced shipping rate calculations for USPS, FedEx and UPS
- Flexible discounts to specific order values, or limited use or time promotions
- The ability to sell digital gift cards
- Access to the Orders API, which allows you to build custom integration with third-party services for order fulfilment and production logistics
- Subscription sales for recurring product orders
This extra level of functionality means that you’ll be able to offer a complete ecommerce experience with remarkable ease.
If your business is selling products, this is the best way to go about it.