February 4, 2016
The world today is moving at an accelerated pace straight into the technology startup industry. It’s critical for web companies to build more mobile products in order to grow their company. Neil Patel writes that 90 percent of startups fail and goes onto explain how to get into the top 10 percent that see success. The article mentions that great products are what make great businesses.
With many people looking to start a company, many CEOs are looking for coders and programmers. However, what they should be looking for is way to build a well-rounded team with each team member specializing in different skills. The only way the tech startup will have a higher chance at succeeding is if the team has the right skill sets. Here are the basic roles:
It’s crucial that your product manager is familiar with software management in order to make sure there won’t be any communication gaps between the product manager and entrepreneurs. John Houghton points out that product manager as the buffer between the development team and the rest of the world. So it’s critical to have a product manager on your team to bring in the right people on board and manage the project. This will result in the company being designed to appeal to the target customer. The Product Manager is responsible for the following:
- Strategizing the marketing your startup company;
- Making sure the startup is built to specification and ensuring that it succeeds in the competitive market;
- Keeping track of customers, competitors, and the market to see where the tech company is going;
- Writing required documents for the next release, and maintaining great customer relationships; and
- Supporting the engineering build-out of the app, and sales efforts of the app.
Digitlal Zoo mentioned that good user interface design can be the difference between a hugely successful business and a failure. It’s important for you as the entrepreneur to create a system that is both engaging and easy to use. It’s the little things that make all the difference. Your designer should be responsible for the following:
- Creating a clear and intuitive company interface;
- Creating a smooth and easy to understand way for your company user interface; and
- Creating a logo, website and other marketing collateral.
You can find a lot of experienced or talented app designers from these websites:
- 99designs: Through 99designs, you can run design contests for new logos, UI design, or any project that requires graphics.
- Fueled: The Fueled team’s diverse skill set offers UI/UX design to polish your app.
Social Media Manager
The social media manager must know the ins and outs of each platform and be current with all updates and policies. This person must know about each network and the benefits it can grant to his or her clients. Furthermore, the social media manager should constantly work on establishing new relationships with users and preserving existing ones. The Social Media Manager should be responsible for the following:
- Optimizing your business by using keywords and key phrases;
- Overseeing startup monetization and marketing strategy;
- Have a solid understanding of SEO and content marketing; and
- Have experience in buying social media advertising.
Having a coder’s expert perspective on all things technology can leverage your team’s efficiency and excellence. Furthermore, it is critical for you to look for a developer that is equally interested in your business and not just the development. The developer will be able to oversee all development stages of your business. The developer should be responsible for the following:
- Implementation and programming of the startup;
- Responsible for iOS and Android development for the mobile platform; and
- Responsible to write maintainable, readable, and well tested code
There are a lot of freelance developers on the market, here are some websites that act as platforms to help you reach your ideal developers:
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!