December 14, 2014
Web design has a wide scope encompassing different aspects, from the basic website development to the more advanced maintenance and update. Every aspect of a good web design strategy synchronizes itself to produce a user-friendly website that attracts ample traffic and has a low bounce rate. Therefore, the basic goal of a website designer and developer should be the creation of landing pages that can attract the maximum number of the visitors, who spend enough time on the website to browse around.
There are many ways of attracting the visitors, through a good website design. Here are some to get you started:
- Content: For the website to be attractive, the content of the pages should be interesting, relevant and to the point. Your landing pages should clearly state your purpose, so that the visitor knows what the website is about and what they should expect from it. If the visitor cannot understand what the website has to offer within the first minute of browsing, he or she will most definitely leave and never return to the website, thereby, affecting your bounce rate.
- Easy Readability: Make sure that the content on the website is easily readable. Use a reasonable size of font. It should not be too small nor should it be too big. Also, make sure that the colour of the font stands out from the background. Do not use similar colours for the background and the font. Use headlines, sub-titles and bullets as much as possible, because it makes it easier for the visitor to comprehend the content in a glance.
- Loading Speed: This is a key aspect of website development. The loading speed of the web pages should be very fast. Most of the people leave the website within a few seconds of visiting it, if, the page does not loads. It can severely affect your bounce rate. Therefore, make sure that your website’s infrastructure is such that the pages load at optimal speed.
- Navigation and Search Options: Make sure that the website navigation is straight forward and it has SEO friendly information architecture. This means that the user should be able to browse around without clicking on too many links or without having to go through a number of pages to finally reach where he or she actually wants to be. You can also provide a search button at the website for the users to easily find what they are looking for.
- Social Media Buttons: Social media networks are all the rage this decade. The ability to connect them all to your website is one of the most effective ways of attracting visitors. The social media buttons on the website allow the visitors to share your web pages with others on the social networks and connect your website to your social profiles. This is one of the most popular ways of diverting traffic towards website.
- Responsive Web Design: With smart devices taking over the use of desktops, it is important that you have a responsive web design for your website, so, that your website automatically adapts to the screen of the device. This improves user experience and greatly reduces the bounce rate, which is otherwise, very high with the mobile versions of the websites.
- Visual Content: Including visual content is yet another effective way of attracting the visitors. People prefer watching interesting images and interactive videos rather than reading long text paragraphs. When designing your website, include creative visual content to attract visitors. Also, make sure that the format of the visual content is such that it does not affect the loading speed of the website.
- Repairing Errors: Make sure that your website is error free. There should be no glitch in the entire design of the website for smooth operation and a user-friendly experience. Make sure that you have identified and eliminated all errors before launching the website.
These are some of the most basic tips for attracting traffic by tweaking some aspects of your web design. Stay tuned for more informative articles!
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!
Sorry about that. Try these articles instead!