March 18, 2016
Strong leadership is a necessity for any successful business, venture, organization, country, you name it. One thing good leaders do is create other good leaders, and the cycle continues. But even the strongest leaders, as unflappable as they may seem, have some room for improvement. That is why there are courses, trainings, and conferences centered around the art of leadership.
One such program is The Aspen Institute‘s Henry Crown Fellowship. This annual fellowship, which was founded in 1997, helps mobilize exceptional business leaders under the age of 45 to tackle the world’s most difficult problems.
The Aspen Institute just announced its 2016 Class of Henry Crown Fellows. All are entrepreneurs with proven success who will now use their talents to help build a better society.
“We are especially delighted with this year’s class of Henry Crown Fellows, the 20th since the Fellowship was founded,” said Peter Reiling, executive director of the program in a statement. “For society, they represent a potent force of talent, ready to focus their energies on some of the greatest challenges of our times. For them, they are embarking on a personal journey—a journey ‘from success to significance’—that will change their lives forever. I know. I’m a Henry Crown Fellow too.”
The fellowship is a four-week program takes place over the course of two years. Fellows spend time in structured retreat settings where they explore their leadership, core values, vision for a “Good Society” and their desired legacies. They are also tasked with launching a new venture in this time – one that will have a positive impact on some segment of the world.
Photos and bios are available at: http://as.pn/crown2016.
The Henry Crown Fellows for 2016 are:
- Godard Abel, Co-Founder and Chairman, G2 Crowd; SVP and General Manager, SteelBrick, Chicago, IL.
- Danielle Applestone, Co-Founder and CEO, Other Machine Co., San Francisco, CA.
- Dwayne Bernal, Co-Founder and President, Royal Engineers and Consultants, LLC, New Orleans, LA.
- Stacy Brown-Philpot, Chief Operating Officer, TaskRabbit, San Francisco, CA.
- Marcelo Claure, President and CEO, Sprint Corporation, Overland Park, KS.
- Craig Cummings, Co-Founder and Chief Operating Officer, RideScout, Austin, TX.
- Sebastien de Halleux, Chief Operating Officer, Saildrone, Inc., San Francisco, CA.
- Pete Flint, Co-Founder and former CEO, Trulia, Inc., San Francisco, CA
- Dan Graham, Co-Founder and CEO, BuildASign, Austin, TX.
- Mateo Jaramillo, VP, Products and Programs, Tesla Energy, San Francisco, CA.
- Paul Judge, Co-Founder and Chairman, Luma; Co-Founder and Chairman, Pindrop; Co-Founder,
- TechSquare Labs, Atlanta, GA.
- Kim Kingsley, Co-Founder and Chief Operating Officer, POLITICO, Washington, DC.
- Meredith Kopit-Levien, Executive Vice President and Chief Revenue Officer, The New York Times,
- New York, NY.
- Jocelyn Mangan, Former SVP, Product Management, OpenTable, Oakland, CA
- Harold Mills, Vice Chairman and former CEO, ZeroChaos, Orlando, FL.
- Shabnam Mogharabi, CEO, SoulPancake, Los Angeles, CA.
- Carla Piñeyro Sublett, Chief Marketing Officer, Rackspace, Austin, TX.
- Sarah Robb O’Hagan, Founder, EXTREMEYOU; Former President, Equinox, New York, NY.
- Nic Thomley, Founder and CEO, Morning Star Financial Services; Founder and Chairman, Summit
- Fiscal Agency and Pinnacle Services, Minneapolis, MN.
- Nina Vaca, Founder, Chairman, and CEO, Pinnacle Group, Dallas, TX.
- Alexa von Tobel, Founder and CEO, LearnVest, New York, NY.
- Dan Wagner, Founder and CEO, Civis Analytics, Chicago, IL.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!
Sorry about that. Try these articles instead!