August 3, 2014
Did you miss out on one (or five) of Tech Cocktail's posts from this week? It's okay. We want to let you know that we forgive you; we totally get it. You're a busy person, with a lot of things on your mind and equally as many things to do. You had people to meet, places to be, and tacos to eat. No worries, though, because we've curated this week's top 10(ish) posts as determined by the Tech Cocktail editorial team. Need more Tech Cocktail? Sign up for the Tech Cocktail newsletter today, and get the weekly wrap-up direct to your inbox.
Here are this week's Tech Cocktail Top Stories:
- Android's Secret Options: If you browse through Android's accessibility settings, there are actually quite a few hidden gems that will open up a few awesome features (like the ability to zoom anywhere).
- 8 Apps That Every New Parent Should Know About: Being a parent to a new, little human being is tough (I mean, I don't know this personally, since I'm still single as f*ck, but this is what friends tell me). Why not take advantage of some great apps out there that can ease things for you?
- 41 Startup Guys Show Us What They ACTUALLY Wear to Work: In response to Banana Republic's “Startup Guy” look, we reached out to actual startup guys to share with us what they actually wear on their day-to-day.
- 16 Coding Bootcamps That Offer Scholarships for Women: Coding has become somewhat of a commodity. If though there are free resources out there that can help you learn programming, it's much better to have access to a class that can actually teach you. But these classes are expensive; here's a list of coding bootcamps that actually offer some great scholarships for women.
- The Top 10 Cities for Digital Nomads: I'm a digital nomad – someone whose work allows me to work from anywhere, as long as I have access to the Internet. NomadList ranks the following cities in the world by cost of living, Internet speed, weather, and safety – guess where I'm headed next?
- Y Combinator's Trevor Blackwell Created This Startup Growth Calculator to Show When You'll Reach Profitability: The Y Combinator partner created this simple startup growth calculator to help you determine how much much capital you'll need to reach the stage of profitability.
- 13 Startup Founders Share Their Weird Habits for De-Stressing: Starting and building a company is super stressful, and the best way to tackle those issues to engage in some really weird stuff (like setting up quirky photoshoots for your pet parakeets).
- 5 Lesser-Known Google Analytics Features That Marketers Should Use: A really great guest post on some features in Google Analytics that aren't as well-known, but definitely super helpful (did you know that you can look at a goal flow display?).
- Nordstrom to Buy Chicago-Based Trunk Club: Nordstrom announced this week that it has acquired the men's clothing service for a yet-undisclosed amount.
- 4 Crucial Marketing Tools for Promoting Your Business: Just starting out your company? Here are four essential marketing tools that you'll need to get things running.
- ManServant's “Rent a Gentleman” Service Coming to SF: iCahnt even with this, y'all.
- 5 Mini Gizmos That Fit in Your Pocket or Purse: From pen drives to pocket speakers, here are a handful of gadgets that you can easily take on-the-go.
- Peloton Releases iPad App for Live-Streaming and On-Demand Cycling Classes: The new app allows anyone from anywhere to access live-streaming and on-demand cycling classes. Meaning that you can take a spin class from the convenience of your home stationary bike.
Like what you're reading? Have some great knowledge and think you have what it takes to write some great content for others in the startup or tech space? Then, consider writing for us!
It's finally here! Our book is available now – order your copy of Startup Mixology: Tech Cocktail's Guide to Building, Growing, and Celebrating Startup Success!
Interested in coming to a Tech Cocktail event? Check out our Tech Cocktail calendar here. Hope to see you whenever!
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!
Sorry about that. Try these articles instead!