Did you miss out on one (or five) of Tech Cocktail's posts from this week? It's okay. We want to let you know that we forgive you; we totally get it. You're a busy person, with a lot of things on your mind and equally as many things to do. You had people to meet, places to be, and tacos to eat. No worries, though, because we've curated this week's top 10 posts as determined by the Tech Cocktail editorial team. Need more Tech Cocktail? Sign up for the Tech Cocktail newsletter today, and get the weekly wrap-up direct to your inbox.
- Become a Real-Life Pokemon Master with Google Maps: Tuesday was April Fools' Day, and Google gave the world a chance to catch Charizard in real life. That is, if you could find it in the world.
- Hey, Y Combinator: Stop Hating on #MiamiTech: Some talking points on why there are no Y Combinator funded startups from Miami, and why there should be, considering Miami's rapidly growing startup ecosystem.
- Tech Cocktail's Co-Founder Frank Gruber to Launch Delivering Hawaiianess: An Island Chain as a Startup: Tech Cocktail's own Frank Gruber announced on Tuesday that he will be working on replicating Tony Hsieh's Downtown Project in Hawaii for his next venture. Launched on April 1st we will leave it to you to decide if this is real or an April Fools day gag.
- 5 Ways Groupon is Trying to Own 2014: In the past couple of years, Groupon has had a rocky performance. Will things change this year? We take a look at how the company is trying to hustle in 2014.
- 10 Startups That Received $100k from Steve Case at the Google for Entrepreneurs Demo Day: The participants at the Google for Entrepreneurs inaugural Demo Day got a little surprise from AOL co-founder and investor Steve Case. Needless to say, nobody went home empty-handed.
- Amazon: Our New Fire TV is 3x as Powerful as Apple TV, Roku, and Chromecast: This week, Amazon unveiled its Amazon Fire TV. Should Apple and Google be worried?
- The Best Snarky April Fools' Tweets That Express How We're All Feeling: On Tuesday, April Fools' pranks and Easter Eggs ran rampant all over the Internet. These are what a few people had to say on Twitter (everything is funnier on Twitter).
- How GE and Local Motors Will Innovate Manufacturing [VIDEO]: We sat down with GE’s Executive Director for Global Innovation & New Models, Stephen J. Liguori, and Local Motors’s Chief Strategy Officer, Justin Fishkin, to talk a little about innovation and the future of manufacturing. Watch what they had to say.
- Why It's So Important to Keep Your Customers Happy: Apparently, a 2 percent increase in customer retention has the same effect as decreasing your company's costs by 10 percent. But how do you keep customers coming? Keep them happy. Read this to find out how.
- Meet Colin Grussing, New Orleans' Most Fearless and Crazy Entrepreneur: Learn more about Colin Grussing and what makes 52businesses such a crazy idea.
Interested in coming to a Tech Cocktail event? Check out our calendar here. Hope to see you whenever!