May 23, 2019
If you’re in the market for a laptop, chances are you’ll have looked at Apple’s MacBook range with envy. If you’re keen to invest in an Apple laptop, it’s typically a decision that boils down to the MacBook Pro or the MacBook Air – both are brilliantly designed, cost around the $1,000 mark, and have the Apple sheen. But which should you choose?
Known for their premium design, and a mainstay of coffee shops everywhere, MacBooks have a reputation as speedy, capable laptops that are a joy to use. You’re unlikely to meet a MacBook user with much negative to say about their laptop of choice.
If you want to join the Apple family, the question is, do you opt for the MacBook Air, or the MacBook Pro? The answer, in very simple terms, is this:
- Want an all-rounder for general office and home use? Get the MacBook Air.
- Need a laptop for heavy duty graphic work and complex editing? Get a MacBook Pro.
There’s some nuance to this – including which of the three MacBook Pro variants to choose between. The most important thing is to understand what your own needs are ahead of picking up a MacBook. Whether you end up with the Air or the Pro, we’re confident you’ll be over the moon with it, and join the legions of MacBook owners who speak so lovingly about their laptops.
MacBook Air vs MacBook Pro: Head to Head
Below, we compare the key specs of the MacBook Air and the various MacBook Pro models to help you decide which is best. The good news? There’s no such thing as “a bad MacBook”. The most important thing is not choosing a model that’s overkill for your own needs – as the prices get very steep, very fast.
Mobile users scroll right to see full table
In this guide:
- MacBook Air or MacBook Pro: Which is Best?
- MacBook Air: Highlights, Pros and Cons
- MacBook Pro: Highlights, Pros and Cons
- Best All Rounder: MacBook Air
- Best for Value: MacBook Air
- Best for Power Users: MacBook Pro
- Best for Portability: MacBook Air
- Best for Screen Quality: MacBook Pro
- MacBook Air vs MacBook Pro for College
Some of the links on our page will take you directly to a provider or retail website, where you may find deals and discounts. If you make a purchase at this stage, we may receive a payment. This has no additional cost to you, and never affects the editorial independence of our reviews.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!
Sorry about that. Try these articles instead!