May 20, 2019
Finding the best fleet management software is a daunting task. Not only are there dozens of options, but each one comes with a ton of different features, hardware accessories, and its own website touting its benefits.
So how best can you compare all the options and prices available in order to find out which one’s right for you? The good news is that you don’t have to. We’ve done the research for you, and this article will sum up the best FMS companies available in 2019. In our view, the best fleet management software provider is Verizon Connect – this is a robust, widely trusted system with an intuitive interface and a strong support team.
Of course, choosing an FMS with additional features, a responsive customer support team and a cost-effective subscription fee can all have a big impact on your fleet operation’s bottom line. To maximize return on investment, the best thing you can do is compare a few tailor-made quotes for fleet management costs – you can use our simple fleet management quotes form to do this in moments.
Best Fleet Management Software Providers
If you’re after a fleet management software provider, our top choice is Verizon Connect, closely followed by Samsara. These are two of the most widely trusted fleet management solutions, with powerful software features and excellent hardware devices.
In the end, most fleet managers are looking for the same traits. They need a reliable system for dispatching drivers, tracking each vehicle’s fuel use and location in real time, and logging the hours of service needed in order to comply with the ELD mandate.
Verizon Connect may be our top choice, but it’s not the only game in town. Below, we compare it to the other top brands in the market.
Scroll horizontally to view full table on mobile devices.
|Verizon Connect||Samsara||Teletrac Navman||US Fleet Tracking||Fleetio|
|Price from||Get Quotes||Get Quotes||Get Quotes||Get Quotes||Get Quotes|
|Fleet Size||5+||5+||5+||No minimum||10+|
|Hardware||Included, and installed for free||Included, not installed||Included, not installed||Costs extra||No hardware component|
|Live GPS Tracking||Near real-time||Real-time||Real-time||Updates as often as every 5 seconds||Depends on third-party GPS hardware|
|Reporting and analytics||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Intuitive User Interface||✓||✓||X||✓||X|
|Fuel tracking||✓||✓||✓||Depends on device||✓|
|Alerts for unsafe and inefficient driving behavior||✓||✓||✓||✓||X|
|Stand out features include:||- International coverage|
- Driver coaching tools and leaderboard
- Automated maintenance alerts
- Work order delivery
- Unauthorized break or detour tracking
- Dynamic routing can be updated in real time
|- In-depth vehicle diagnostics|
- Heat map of routes taken
- Real-time vehicle diagnostics dashboard
- Paperless DVIRs
- Wide range of industry-specific solutions
|- Driver scorecards|
- Easily streamline fuel tax data
- Dynamic dashboards with custom KPIs
- Vehicle inspection reports
- In-cab coaching tablet for drivers
|- Hardware installation is simple and easy|
- Useful online technical documents and videos
- Detailed maintenance management
- Fuel tracking shows
fuel economy, per-mile cost and total costs
|Mobile App Rating|
(Based on iOS and Android users)
|Phone and email support||M-F: 7am–8pm EST||M-F: 24hr|
Sa-Su: 8am–5pm PST
|M-F: 5am–6pm PST|
Sa: 6am–3pm PST
|M-F: 7am–7pm CT |
Sa: 9am–4pm CT
|M-F: 7am–8pm EST|
|Free Trial or Demo||Free online demo||30-day free trial- hardware and software||Free online demo||Free live demo||14-day free trial- software|
|Per-month pricing from:||$40/vehicle||$45/vehicle||$45/vehicle||$30/vehicle||$5/vehicle|
|Minimum Contract Length:||3 years||1 year||3 years||Monthly rolling plans||Monthly rolling plans|
Compare fleet management software providers by price.
In This Guide:
- Fleet Management Software Reviews
- What’s the difference between GPS tracking and Fleet Management?
- What’s an ELD and are Fleet Management Systems ELD Compliant?
- How much do FMSs cost?
- How many vehicles can I track with an FMS?
- What kinds of vehicles and assets can I track with an FMS?
- Next Steps with Getting a Fleet Management System
Fleet Management Software Reviews
We’ve picked out the top five vendors in the fleet management sector and reviewed each, picking out their top features, the quality of their support team, and their plans and pricing, as well as any hardware items they offer and complimentary services they include, such as asset tracking or field service management software.
You can click the brand names below to jump to each mini review in this guide, or just keep scrolling down to see all of them.
- Verizon Connect – the best overall fleet management software brand
- Samsara – a close second, Samsara has outstanding software for fleet tracking
- Teletrac Navman – a cost-effective fleet management software solution
- US Fleet Tracking – with powerful live-updates, this is a smart tracking tool to choose
- Fleetio – simple to use and effective, Fleetio is well worth considering
- Good customer service
- Easy to understand design
- Feature rich
- Learning curve can be tough
- Some features can be finicky
- Intuitive interface
- Strong feature set
- Fast customer service
- Can disconnect if phone signal is low
- Prices are just okay
- Low pricing
- Comprehensive features
- Good customer service
- Bad weather can affect satellite signal
- Interface can be complicated to learn
- Fast GPS data
- Easy to use
- Historical data
- Limited features
- Not a full FMS
- Moderately comprehensive
- Intuitive interface
- Limited functionality
- Not ELD compatible
Ready to take the next step? Click here to compare
quotes from leading fleet management vendors.
Upgrade your fleet today with industry-leading
fleet tracking and management software.
By clicking to compare, you’ll receive quotes from various suppliers, tailored to the needs of your business. If you enter into a contract with a provider, we may receive a payment for the introduction. This helps Tech.co to provide free advice and reviews. It carries no additional cost to you, and doesn’t affect our editorial independence.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!
Sorry about that. Try these articles instead!