The typical lowest starting price. The lowest price available for your business will depend on your needs.
Who is this provider most suitable for?
Free Trial or Demo
Fuel card integration
US Fleet Tracking
Contact for custom quote
Pricing not available
Best for the transportation industry
Best for data-hungry companies
Best for location tracking only
Best low cost option
Ease of use, thanks a great interface and support team
Companies needing flexibility
Best for reliability
Best mid-range option
Free online demo, free tailored price quote
30-day free trial; hardware and software
Free online demo
Free live demo
14-day free trial
Free online demo
Demo version available
Fleet management software is designed to streamline the management of commercial cars, vans and trucks.
Not all fleet management systems are created equal though, and there are plenty of reasons why you'd want to choose another provider. From the size of your fleet to the direction of your business, a different fleet management software provider might be a better fit.
The best thing you can do is compare a few tailor-made quotes for fleet management costs – you can use our simple fleet management quotes form to do this in moments.
We've researched the industry in-depth, and concluded that the best fleet management software provider is Verizon Connect, closely followed by Samsara. These are two of the most widely trusted fleet management solutions, with powerful software features and excellent hardware devices.
In the end, most fleet managers are looking for the same traits. They need a reliable system for dispatching drivers, tracking each vehicle’s fuel use and location in real time, optimizing routes, and logging the hours of service needed in order to comply with the ELD mandate.
Verizon Connect may be our top choice, but it's not the only game in town. We've picked out the top five vendors in the fleet management sector and reviewed each, picking out their top features, the quality of their support team, and their plans and pricing, as well as any hardware items they offer and complimentary services they include, such as asset tracking or field service management software.
You can click the brand names below to jump to each mini review in this guide, or just keep scrolling down to see all of them.
- Verizon Connect – the best overall fleet management software brand
- Samsara – a close second, Samsara has outstanding software for fleet tracking
- Teletrac Navman – a cost-effective fleet management software solution
- US Fleet Tracking – with powerful live-updates, this is a smart tracking tool to choose
- Fleetio – simple to use and effective, Fleetio is well worth considering
- Granular functionality for alerts
- Good 24/7 customer service
- Highly personalizable dashboards
- Can be integrated with many other Verizon Connect services
- Long contract periods
- Expensive compared to similar services
- Learning curve can be steep
- Easy learning curve
- Best driver messaging features
- Strong 24/7 support options
- Contracts are 3-5 years long
- Must install system yourself
- No option for hardwired units
- Highly customizable report data
- Instant video replay, if dash cams are integrated
- Good 24/7 customer service
- Features are more limited under cheaper plans
- 30-day notice needed to prevent annual contract autorenewal
- No engine temperature monitoring option
- Fast GPS data
- Easy to use
- Historical data
- Limited features
- Not a full FMS
- Intuitive interface
- Limited functionality
- Not ELD compatible
Get Fleet Management Today
We've rounded up the top fleet management software providers and explained some of the essential features and jargon terms to understand. The next best step is to under stand how much a fleet management solution for your business could cost you.
To keep things simple, you can use our simple form to gather quotes from the top FMS vendors. It only takes a few moments to fill in the details about the size and needs of your business. Then, you can get free, zero-obligation, customized quotes from vendors, including the ones on this page.
Tech.co is reader-supported. Using Tech.co's comparison form, you can receive quotes from various suppliers, tailored to the needs of your business. If you enter into a contract with a provider, we may receive a payment for the introduction. Equally, if you make a purchase through the links on our site, we may earn a commission from the retailers of the products we have reviewed. This helps Tech.co to provide free advice and reviews. It carries no additional cost to you, and doesn’t affect our editorial independence.